Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs with treatment of Cancer. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Project Manager for a 12 months contract to be based in Basel.
As an ideal candidate you should have a scientific background and minimum 5 yearsâ experience in leading large-scale global matrix projects (data related project however not IT projects) Knowledge of PM tools and system (e.g. Jira, Confluence or Wiki) would be highly preferred.
- Develop, maintain, track, and manage a high-quality, integrated project plan, ensuring all objectives, key milestones, and deliverables are achieved across multiple parallel activities.
- Closely and transparently manage the critical path of the project and project scope.
- Manage cross-functional teams of biologists, data scientists, and biostatisticians, including coordinating and tracking team activities.
- Serve as a single point of contact to coordinate all project-related activities, including setting and running meeting agendas, organizing and facilitating F2F events, and following up on action items (in close partnership with EDIS Use Case Lead(s)).
- Proactively identify gaps, potential bottlenecks, and/or delays and challenge assumptions.
- Regularly communicate project progress, challenges, and key wins to stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 yearsâ experience in leading large-scale global matrix projects (data related project are good, however not IT related projects).
- Scientific (biology) background: experience in pharma and understanding of the drug development process.
- Master or Bachelor with minimum 6 to 7 years in industry.
- System knowledge of collaborative platforms or wikis such as Jira, Confluence, gSite, or Sharepoint.
- Proactive, able to shape ideas and translate those into actionable points, leadership and communications.
- Project Management Certification is advantageous.
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.