Job Location: [[Luxembourg]]
Job Location: [[Senningerberg]]
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The position, which reports to the Africa & Levant Region General Manager and APAC MEA AREA Media Manager, is responsible for the development and measurement of a working-level media plan and acquisition of the advertising space of various media across active countries in the Africa Levant Region (including Israel, Egypt, Morocco, South Africa, Lebanon and Iraq), and on the basis of framework agreements and trade policies negotiated by Group Media Procurement & Governance.
The Media Region Manager will ensure the implementation of the strategy and goals (target, benefits, message, etc.) of different Ferrero brands and products in accordance with the guaranteed cost & quality of the agency contracts and the Region media fiscal year budget. The role also includes the supervision and the overall control of the annual media planning (PS) process, giving support to the Africa & Levant Marketing and consumer insight team and Finance department, and respecting the Group/ AREA scheduling and deadlines.
The Africa & Levant Region Media Manager role is key to digital transformation in the Region, leveraging the necessary media, tech & infrastructure partners to more effectively deploy and measure Ferrero media investments.
- Translation of business/marketing/comms objectives in measurable media/digital objectives, setting KPIs and related targets against internal/external benchmarks – including media innovation opportunities
- Delivery of local media insights across all categories and brands to marketing teams, including comms and competitive media analysis
- Support development of content strategy and plan in coherence with objectives and platforms specifics for each country in the Africa Levant Region
- Alignment with Group/Area guidelines leveraging available best practices as well as ensuring roll-out of Group/Area programs (integrated comms, powerbrand, data management, etc.)
- Leverages enhanced media planning tools (consumer journey, touchpoint planning (incl. digital, POS, PR), budget allocation to media mix), maximizes profitability
PLANNING & BUYING
- Implementing a consistent media process across countries including Budget Setting, Integrated Comms Briefing, Annual Planning, Campaigns/Sessions reviews, ensuring IMC coordination and efficient cooperation with Media and Creative Agencies
- Agency proposals review and approval if responding to category objectives, KPIs, agreed budget and contract guarantees/operating framework and in coherence with Group media governance requirements
- Management of the key digital partners to execute JBPs driving innovation in the use of digital touchpoints
- Support the optimization of traditional/digital campaigns, checking against internal and external benchmarks
- Delivers PCA-Post Campaign Analysis and comprehensive summary of media campaign Results
MEASUREMENT & REPORTING
- Monitoring and reporting of all media activities and maintenance of KPI benchmarks database, adherence to agreed pricing / quality
- Ensures a correct spend of media budget in line respect of phasing contracts and pitch guarantees
- 3rd party verification partners management on digital quality metrics.
- Ensures timely delivery of documents to confirm media placements (airing certificates, acts, agency reports, third party documents) for TV and Digital post-tracking through regular auditors reporting
- Responsible for the development of the Africa Levant Media Roadmap that identifies key discontinuities and actions over a rolling 12-18 month timeframe.
- With the support of the AREA Media Manager, develops an action plan for data management and integration into all media and marketing activities for annual planning.
Who we are looking for:
Proven solid work experience as media manager/director, preferable in media agency context working for FMCG clients
Strong knowledge of digital media, including latest trends, features and developments
Strong understanding of Africa & Middle East market dynamics, consumers and customer (retailer) requirements
Extensive experience in all aspects of digital platforms management, including usage of tools, social listening and content management
Excellent communication, analytical and multitasking skills
Fluency in English, any other language is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are – dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.