Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group’s key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
REPORTING TO: Director Group IT Infrastructure
GEOGRAPHICAL REPORTING LOCATION: Brussels
WORKING LOCATION: Brussels
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES UNDER RESPONSIBILITY: 5 direct reports in Brussels, about 50 people in offshore locations, plus functional responsibility for 200+ Service Desk and Field Agents globally
OVERALL OBJECTIVES: Design, implement and monitor the IT Services for IT Infrastructure Service Desks as well as Field Agent Service in order to provide cost-efficient services with highest satisfaction levels to more than 400 Eurofins business locations serving more than 45.000 employees.
- Take over the ownership for the IT Infrastructure domain of Service Desks and Field Services.
- Service Desks provide Level 1, 2, and 3 services like end user support, small change requests, and service requests from centralized locations.
- Field Services are all services that cannot be rendered remotely and require on-site personnel in laboratory locations, e.g., installation of local hardware, replacement of faulty devices or components, physical on-boarding of new employees, etc.
- Design the service offering with specific scope and SLAs based on business requirements.
- Directly lead the Service Desk and Field Service teams located at the Group Head Quarter in Brussels. Use these teams to pilot and field-test new services and solutions before the global rollout.
- Drive the implementation of standardized service offerings across all Service Desks globally. These teams are about 200 people strong – but report with a solid line into the regional IT Infrastructure teams.
- This means that the role will operate in a matrix organisation. The Head of IT Infrastructure Service Desks and Field Services will have the Domain ownership (designing and governing the service), but the execution of activities will be with the regional teams.
- In addition, the Global Service Desk organisation will be lead directly by this role. About 50 people in off-shore locations like Bangalore and Costa Rica will provide Level 1 services on a 24×7 basis under the leadership of this role.
Services and processes
Lead, organise, transform the IT Infrastructure processes and workflow adoption to improve the IT infrastructure service efficiency and quality:
- Oversee globally defined IT policies and procedures applicable to regional requirements
- Creation of improved metrics definitions and associated management reporting.
- Creation and improvement of new and existing processes and tools to allow IT Infrastructure Service Desks to deliver better service and behave more predictably.
- Perform and report on Service Management throughout the entire service life cycle including SLA and Customer Satisfaction
- Provide efficient repeatable mechanisms for building, testing and deploying new services.
Run and Change:
- Ensure that services can be managed, operated and supported in accordance with constraints specified during the service design stage of the Service lifecycle.
- Organise, Plan and Manage Services changes efficiently and effectively
- Assist in establishing and maintaining the integrity of service assets, i.e., Configuration Management
- Set correct expectations on the performance and use of new or changed services
- Advise on the Architectural Roadmap for IT Infrastructure services related to Service Desk and Field Services, ensuring all solutions provide the required level of availability and performance.
Cost and Budget Management
- Design and implement business case driven rationalizations and cost/benefit analyses for IT investments and initiatives.
Provide greater insight and clarity into the annual budgets and provide analysis of savings opportunities.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
- Proven excellence in managing “solid line” reporting relationships for small Infrastructure teams. (3-5 years of experience).
- Experience in customer facing IT Service Delivery. (2-3 years of experience).
- Proven ability to create and improve new and existing IT Infrastructure processes related to Service Desks to drive efficiency, quality, and cost effective solutions. (2-5 years of experience)
- Strong financial acumen and ability to develop budgets, monthly variance reporting and monthly re-forecasting across multiple cost centers (1-3 years of experience).
- Ability to analyses and structure data that matters to build reports, metrics and KPI; and couple them with analysis and insights. (1-3 years of experience)
- Strong organizational design and coordination skills. (3-5 years of experience)
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art Service Management process and tools.
- Proven ability to work with toolsets including, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and pivot tables, PowerPoint, MS Project.
- Preferred experience with asset tracking tools and processes.
- Ability to review large amounts of data and analyze and spot trends and provide analysis and structured insights/action plans.
- Experience working within a Service Management system such as OTRS, Jira, or ServiceNow
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology
- 2-5 years of work experience in a similar function
- ITIL Foundations certification is a plus
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Background in ITIL methodologies and Service Management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service mind-set.
WHAT WE OFFER:
To join a young and dynamic team with plenty of meaningful projects ahead of us!