Would you like to work for one of the World’s largest banks in an exciting, dynamic and international environment?
We are currently recruiting for a Head of IT Service, Vice President for our Systems Divison in Amsterdam.
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked Financial Groups in the world in terms of assets. A world-class set of businesses and more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
For more than 50 years MBE offers commercial banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in The Netherlands and, through its branches, in Central and East Europe. The goal is to be among the top performing foreign-owned banks operating in The Netherlands, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and non-Japanese customers’ needs.
The MBE subsidiary based in The Netherlands is a growing network of branches, managed from Amsterdam.
Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Within MUFG Bank (Europe) N.V. (hereafter MBE), the IT Division supports IT structures with regard to IT applications, infrastructure and hardware. There are 3 units in the division:
1. IT Planning
2. IT Delivery
3. IT Service
The Vice President reports to the Head of IT Division who reports to the Managing Director MBE, responsible for Operations & Support Divisions or in his/her absence the Management Board.
- Manage the daily workflow and IT operation effectively.
- Provide first and second line (end user) support for workplaces, systems and applications.
- Facilitate and liaise with 3rd line support for infrastructure and application support.
- Closely communicate with IT Infrastructure team and IT delivery project team and ensure stable and secured IT operation and promote effectiveness on IT operation.
- Managing resources, processes and budgets of the team to ensure planned business objectives and customer requirements are met.
- Translate broader business decisions into department and team objectives in order to provide efficient delivery and support to the wider business.
- Be responsible for creating and supporting strategies across functional domains for the EMEA region with reference to standards, procedures and frameworks.
- Lead multi-disciplinary, cross-country teams, planning activities and outcomes up to a year ahead to reach set objectives within budgets.
- Produce and utilize management information to maximise the potential performance of the teams and resources, monitoring performance and making recommendations in order to meet objectives.
- Deliver reports and presentations on relevant projects and/or work packages, issues and IT initiatives in order to meet customer requirements and the business objectives.
- Support feasibility studies and impact analyses, gathering and analysing information in detail in order to make proposals and provide solutions that meet the business objectives.
- Manage the performance of the IT Service team to ensure that staff are appropriately trained, deployed, counselled and motivated so that the collective performance meets the current and future needs of the business.
- Actively manage, motivate, develop and appraise individual team members, so that their individual performance is of the required standard, meets the current and future departmental requirements and positively contributes to the collective performance.
- Adapt to and identify changes in (IT) systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement.
- Provide a wide range of information, guidance and advice to management and stakeholders, addressing customer queries including those of a more complex / sensitive nature, ensuring that the recipient clearly understands the nature of the information being provided.
- Actively develop and maintain a wide range of contacts both internally and externally in order to obtain / exchange information, identify and establish best practice and where appropriate ascertain further customer requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
The tasks described above, apply to all branches of MBE
Consultation and others
Participating in internal and/or external consultation platforms (either on an ad hoc or permanent basis) regarding Operations, in particular p articipate in IT consultation platforms
- Drive for Results
- Collaborate and Build Partnerships
- Communicate Effectively and Professionally
- Balance Risk with Opportunity
- Deliver extraordinary Customer Experience
- Demonstrate Global Perspective
- Influence and Inspire Others
- Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
- Manage & Develop Talent
The function requires an intellectual and working background at HBO level (professional economic/administrative education) and/or experience in a similar function or relevant area. Experience with software/project delivery is a requirement. The function requires in depth knowledge of the (intra-)departmental workflows and processes, of the products offered by our Front Office and of the applicable internal and external legislation. The function also requires knowledge and understanding/experience of/with the bank’s business, policies, rules and guidelines. ITIL
The function requires broad IT knowledge, in-depth knowledge of and experience with Microsoft products and IBM iSeries. Extensive experience with software and project delivery is a must-have, as well as technical and functional analysis skills. Another important requirement is being able to work under pressure (meet deadlines).
The Vice President keeps his/her knowledge and skills up-to-date by reading internal bulletins regarding his area and by external or internal education.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.