The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing the annual contract management functional strategy to meet the Government Commercial Operating Standards, Air Commercial departmental strategy and vision of the RAF.
- Overseeing and managing the delivery lifecycle of large, complex contracts, leading on all aspects of commercial and contract management activity such as regular supply and value analysis, contract assurance, supplier performance management, contract administration, cost management.
- Lead commercial negotiations on contract variations and extensions ensuring the best commercial outcomes are delivered in line with the appropriate commercial strategy and innovation and value are maximised.
- Support, challenge and advise all stakeholders ensuring adherence to best practice, policy and process, ensuring consistency of quality and delivery across all contracts.
- Lead commercial assurance activities across all contracts to assure the processes of monitoring , managing and controlling costs are appropriate and administration of contracts are robust and representative of best in class contract management practice.
Relevant skills / experience needed
The successful candidate will be ambitions with the tenacity to succeed. They will be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria whilst bringing their own passion and ideas:
- An expert in the field of contract management which experience of cost management, assurance and auditing, and contract administration.
- Experience of contract reporting, payment application management, variations, negotiation, assurance activities and contract exit or transition
- Ability to implement effective cost control and assurance processes that recognise the differences between project budget performance and contract administration
- Experience of managing complex transactions, senior stakeholders and challenging suppliers
As well as a CV, candidates will need to submit a supporting Statement of Suitability demonstrating/evidencing their capability to meet the essential criteria below.
- Significant experience in delivering robust commercial strategies, procurement processes and contract management with a strong delivery focus with the ability to operate successfully and deliver within a challenging and complex environment.
- Strong negotiator, with a drive to deliver value for money and achieve excellent service from our suppliers.
- Evidence of developing and managing effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels in a complex and strategic commercial environment, through effective communication, gravitas and personal impact & strong customer and supplier relationships management skills
- Experience of developing commercial strategies, with solid delivery plans, demonstrating significant commercial results such as savings or Indirect benefits and Experience of budget, forecast or financial ownership
- You must demonstrate significant leadership experience in leading complex contracts and development of commercial teams.
- You should have experience of constructing detailed contracting strategies to meet customers’ exacting technical requirements, along with a thorough understanding of the supply chain and industrial landscape. These skills must be underpinned by an in depth understanding of the fundamentals of contracting.
Please note that any move across the Civil Service on or after 4 October 2018 may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.