Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Objectives & Measurement – Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and deployment of the Global IT Sourcing strategy.
- Implement a robust Supplier Relationship Management process to maximise the value derived from key suppliers.
- Support the global IT team in the procurement of required goods and services.
- Carry out procurement tasks as required for the various head office functions which may include but shall not be limited to; supplier identification, due diligence checks, managing procurement process such as RFI’s, RfP’s and RfQ’s, complete contract reviews in collaboration with Legal, lead negotiations with suppliers on commercial terms, etc.
- Work closely with Weir divisional and site-based teams as required
- Monitor and report supplier performance against agreed KPI’s as part of the SRM process to be implemented by the successful candidate.
- Identify and work closely with internal stakeholders.
- Initiate and deliver agreed best cost solutions on sourcing projects
- Establish relationships with key contacts across Weir’s Global operations demonstrating professionalism and best practice
- Delivery of best value solutions which take cognizance of not just cost savings.
- Increasing the amount of IT spend under control and under contract.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in managing multiple projects. Ability to manage workload and deliver results to agreed milestones.
- A track record of successfully managing internal stakeholders
- Experienced and comfortable in working in a “matrix style” operational environment
- Industry knowledge not essential, but previous IT sourcing knowledge would be advantageous. Best practice company background is also important.
- Degree qualified with business experience demonstrating in depth prior knowledge of Procurement.
- Prior experience of working on projects across multiple international geographies.
- Working within a global organization advantageous.
- MCIPS accreditation
- Professional Services procurement experience advantageous
Good communicator with the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to team colleagues
Excellent report writing skills and able to compile comprehensive technical / analytical reports as required
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Accomplished user and experience in Microsoft office – including Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
Ability to travel to locations such as USA, Europe, South Africa, Australia, Malaysia and South America is required.
Typically, the work environment will be moderate, working in a business office environment with computers, printers and other standard office equipment.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; provides clear direction and sets objectives; is a role model and sets a good example; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; develops and empowers others; gives appropriate praise and recognition.
Planning/Organising – Prioritises and plans work activities for self and/or others to meet individual, team and departmental objectives; anticipates resources required to deliver tasks and identifies potential risks; able to adapt if circumstances change; checks completion of activities and progress on projects, showing awareness of deadlines and develop appropriate action plans.
Interpersonal Skills – Able to communicate and build relationships with a variety of people; can interact positively and work effectively with others; focuses on resolving conflict; keeps emotions under control; has a good awareness of others and can adapt their style to manage different people; remains open and considerate to others’ ideas; shows respect and empathy.
Analytical – Understands and able to break down complex or diverse information; gathers and processes data to identify problems, draw conclusions and propose solutions; able to consider different options and alternatives and make appropriate recommendations; works well with others to resolve problems and implement solutions.
Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens actively and seeks clarification; asks appropriate questions; able to effectively present and discuss views and ideas; adjusts style and language to meet the needs of audience; shares relevant information; gives constructive feedback to others and is open to receiving feedback
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands and reacts well under pressure; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Drive & Initiative – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them; sets ambitious goals for self and/or others and tackles them with enthusiasm; initiates and generates activity, makes things happen quickly; self-starting, works under own direction; persists in spite of obstacles, finding appropriate solutions; looks for opportunities to progress work faster; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Regional Specific Job Information (if applicable):
*Please note – we will not accept cv’s from recruitment agencies for this role*