We are looking for an outstanding Retail Director to join our Napapijri team at VF International in Stabio, Switzerland.
Napapijri was born in 1987 in the shadow of Europe’s highest peak, Mont Blanc, where an Italian entrepreneur gave outdoor apparel a new meaning by combining innovative materials and close attention to style. As a premium leisurewear brand, we thrive at the intersection of design, sustainability, and innovation, and champion a positive attitude through inclusivity and a ceaseless drive to pioneer the future.
Let’s talk about the role!
The main goal of the Retail Director is to market and achieve profitable growth, with existing and new Napapijri Mono Brand stores including our owned and operated stores, Partnership Stores and Concessions.
He/she will also lead the Planning and Buying team to ensure appropriate stock levels by door and comprehensive collections to achieve seasonal targets (top line and bottom line)
The Retail Director will lead the team, managing our Napapijri owned and operated full price stores, Napapijri Outlet stores our physical concession spaces and our European Partnership Stores, to drive top-line and bottom-line growth and drive and deliver a best-in-class Retail experience.
He/she will, in close cooperation with the channel leaders, develop profitable and long-term Partnership Store business in the EMEA region
The Retail Director will be responsible for the development of all retail/concession staff employees through training, coaching and leadership. Implementing a culture of learning and career progression for the retail teams and store teams.
The role is based at our EMEA HQ and reports directly to the VP Sales Napapijri
- Initiate a long-term business plan, implement the plan and deliver the achievement of volume and sales objectives.
- Prepare and maintain the annual strategic plan for retail for both Sales and Marketing investments through channel segmented offer.
- Identify challenges and opportunities, leverage resources and propose business solutions.
- Actively manage our owned and operated store portfolio (assessing existing stores, initiate new locations for both Full price and Outlet business)
- He/She will provide a pipeline for growth with our (department store) concession partners and assess profitability by location and facias)
- He/She will create initiatives with partners and will manage the collateral and supporting sales tools. She will track the specific promotions and ROI by account and identify the most effective programs for sell-through.
- Drive commercial agreement negotiations for all partner accounts, to maximize return
- Act as the coordinating catalyst for all key functions within Napapijri: Product Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Sales Analysis, Supply Chain, Finance to ensure a highly efficient service to our sales organization
- He/She will actively implement in-season and seasonal product and sales training
- Ensure that the availability of the product and the GTM approach is in line with the annual target, the market trends, launches/promotions and the main competitor’s activities.
- Maintain expert knowledge, implementing and measuring of Retail KPI’s
- Ensure that the seasonal buying and planning are in line with the retail budget and stock over fast expectations to ensure a maximized return
- Work with marketing department to ensure that the partners and teams can take full advantage of all marketing support
- Effectively manage the Partnership Store organization and their account profitability to grow within budgeted cost parameters. Manage all key variables: top line sales, gross margins, returns, discounts, coop marketing budget
- Cooperate with other VF brands to ensure that all synergies and opportunities for VF are maximized
- You will work with key partners to optimize operational process and product curation
What you need to succeed?
- Education: MBA or University
- Experience: Strong experience in running profitable mono brand business for both owned and operated and Partnership Stores. A background experience in premium retail is an advantage. People management at senior level
- Language skills: English (speaking and writing) Speaking any extra language (Italian, French, German, Spanish) is an advantage
- Analytical Skills: Strong skills, able to analyse P&L’s, KPI reports, turnover, stock reports and product forecast reports