Insight Manager – Trading BP (Furniture, Toys, Leisure & Nursey)
What you need to do
Combining our existing tools and sources of data with additional quantitative and qualitative primary research to drive a customer perspective and inform key business decisions.
The Business Partner Insight Manager role will focus on:
Being the key (‘single’) point of contact for the relevant director/ SM & their leadership team within the Insight team. Proactively working with these stakeholders to understand their needs and key strategic priorities and how best to fulfil these (e.g. through self-serve, qualitative research, market data, transaction data, a modelled solution, etc.)
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with stakeholders to embed yourself as part of the team, (e.g. through co-location, attending team meetings). Sharing insight updates and relevant work from across the wider Insight team
- Proactively challenge back to stakeholders where appropriate on prioritisation and the best approach to answering their questions. Identifying any support needed from other stakeholders across the business
- Encourage the use of customer insight across the teams within the department / division by training and embed self-service tools (e.g. Aimia Self-Serve, Nielsen Insight Studio) into the relevant teams. Be the gateway to, and a champion of, CSAT data: support the business function by providing it to them in the most useful way for their needs, and helping in the interpretation of it.
- Break down large and/ or vague questions into a clear and focused brief. Use both agency and internal resource as needed to support the delivery of the brief.
- Line manage the insights executive(s)
- Support the Food trading teams on all aspects of their category – from highly strategic long term projects, to fast turnaround and smaller pieces of work. The latter may be research on a granular, subcategory level or isolated questions which concern the broader category.
- Inform this using the wide selection of grocery data sources in existence (Nielsen, Kantar, Barclays or Cardlytics data, etc) and use self-serve heavily through the team to help answer category questions
What you need to know and show
- Ensuring our business remains customer centric and focused on what will add the most value, you need to:
- Influence at a senior level across the business and strong stakeholder management skills
- Proactively use the tools and time you have and effectively work in a hypothesis-led way to break down complex issues and provide actionable insight
- Understand, challenge and analyse data, whilst stepping back to bring clarity to decisions
- Work closely and collaboratively with a variety of agencies, bringing first and third party data together. While managing the relationship assessing performance and risk.
- Build a strong network across your business partner area and the wider insight team, to understand and respond to priorities regularly and when presented with more “asks” than you can support
- Demonstrable experience from previous roles involving data or research, as well as building relationships with senior stakeholders
- Use a methodical approach and strategic thinking to problem solving
- A strong sense of customer focus and commercial focus
- An analytical and numerically-capable mindset, challenging us to look at the business & market in new ways
- Proactively manage your own time & priorities – but this needs to be done with the existing prioritisation mechanics within the business unit, and alongside stakeholders within the function (not in a vacuum)
What decisions I can make including budget
- Accountable for providing the customer perspective to your partner area and access to the suite of tools and agencies to tailor the appropriate solutions to the priority projects
- Answering the key questions for the business area in question.
- Budget TBC
Directly or indirectly manages
- C4 business partner insight execs (c. 2 DRs)
Support we will provide
- Support from embedded colleagues from Nielsen, insights execs & analysts both within the squad and in the broader business
- A share of the Business Partners Insight team budget as appropriate & agreed with the Senior Business Partners Insight Manager
Argos – Avebury Sainsbury’s Argos 489-499 Avebury BoulevardSaxon Gate West Milton Keynes MK9 2NW
Advertised Salary Competitive Plus Benefits