Senior Vice President Business Development / Sales
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 7,000 employees in 50 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Team & Role:
Over the past 20 years Citco has invested heavily in growing the Hedge Fund, Private Equity/Credit and Real Estate lines of business. Our global Centers of Excellence are home to some of the most accomplished professionals in the sector, providing best in class client support and unparalleled opportunities for learning, development and career progression.
Due to continued growth an opportunity has arisen for an accomplished and highly capable Executive Vice President to join and lead the BD/Sales team in London to help generate and drive growth within these asset classes across the European region.
The role will be responsible for lead generation, building a successful feeder network to directly source new business opportunities in the European region. It is a high visibility role collaborating with other senior executives within Citco’s line of businesses and will have a direct impact on shaping Citco’s Alternative Fund business in the future.
The role is London based with travel across the region required. The role reports to the European Head of Business Development/Sales based in London.
About the Person:
A positive, independent, mature, skilled, outgoing Business Development Senior Vice President who has experience working in the alternative fund arena. This is a challenging position that requires the ability to manage multiple competing priorities whilst meeting tight deadlines.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Responsible for the management & execution of Citco’s BD & Sales business plan for the European region and ensure strategy is aligned with global objectives.
- Maintain an effective and measurable BD & Sales pipeline across LOB’s targeting strategic opportunities within the new launch and conversion space.
- Manage & measure performance of the BD & Sales function with focus on sales activity, revenue forecasting, profitability etc.
- Manage the end-to-end sales pipeline process in collaboration with European MD’s, SMEs and business managers.
- Lead & execute BD & Sales tactical and strategic goals with new market penetration, sales campaigns etc. to ensure proactive approach with new lead generation.
- Maintain effective lines of communication to senior management & Citco MD’s and across peer groups, SME’s etc.
- Ensure quality of the output of the BD & Sales function in Europe.
- Manage risk associated with the BD & Sales process & cycle.
- Lead the BD & Sales group including the management of staff utilization, attrition, succession & people development.
- Manage BD/Sales reporting requirements to senior management including revenue YTD, timesheets, expenses, monthly news bulletin etc.
- Build, maintain and measure success of the European feeder network across LOB’s.
- Work with Mar Comms Group to assist Citco brand building initiatives via industry events and conferences, Citco hosted & co-hosted events.
- Increase Citco’s brand awareness by working alongside Citco’s PR agent.
- Coordinate the completion of RFPs, and new business proposals to management.
- Create, maintain, and promote product-related branding and marketing pitch materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with at least 10+ year’s private equity and/or real estate investment experience, predominantly in private equity funds.
- Minimum 5+ years’ demonstrated senior leadership experience.
- Effective communication skills – negotiation, presentation capabilities.
- Proven track record in new business generation with sustainable YOY growth.
- Strong knowledge of the alternative fund industry.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative and leadership capabilities.
- Ability to escalate when appropriate.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Suite).
- (CPA, ACCA, CIMA designation advantageous).
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.