Are you an experienced IT Project Manager looking for an exciting new challenge?
Pennon Group is one of the largest environmental infrastructure groups in the UK comprising both Viridor and South West Water. At the top end of the FTSE 250, the Group has a workforce of around 5,000 people nationwide. Together, our aim is to build the most trusted environmental solutions company in the UK providing infrastructure and services that enhance our customers’ lives, protect the environment and deliver growth for our shareholders.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Senior IT Project Manager to join our Group IT function based in Exeter or Taunton.
What will you be doing?
The Senior IT Project Manager is to deliver IT implementations for business and organisational benefit, according to best practice principles, by planning, executing, and closing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to achieve the successful conclusion of projects according to plan.
The Senior IT Project Manager will define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. As our Senior IT Project Manager, you will deliver specifically the most challenging projects of large scale, high business criticality and complexity.
You will take ownership and lead, support and direct Project Managers to deliver multiple projects which are inter-related and inter-dependent, but which are deemed not sufficient to constitute a full-scale major transformational programme.
What do you need?
- Educated to degree level standard in relevant IT discipline
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualifications
- Extensive IT Project Management experience
- Ability to complete UK Government Security Clearance (SC) process successfully
- Extensive and broad-based IT and business experience, delivering diverse IT projects in a medium or large organisation
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects to time and budget
- Ability to exercise initiative, think innovatively, use problem-solving skills and make well-judged recommendations
- Ability to quickly understand the business context and scope of the project
- Resilient with the ability to adapt to changing situations and reorganise tasks, people and priorities
- Demonstrable experience building relationships with and influencing senior leaders and stakeholders
- Adept at presenting complex information in straight forward terms to a range of audiences
- Full UK driving licence
What can Pennon do for you?
In return for your hard work as our Senior IT Project Manager, we can offer a competitive salary of up to ÂŁ59,305 per annum dependent on skills and experience; plus, a range of benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the South West’s leading employers.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our Senior IT Project Manager, click apply today.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.