Senior Finance Manager – Trinity Brand Commercial Services Limited (TBCSL)
Trinity Brand Commercial Services Limited (TBCSL) is currently seeking excellent candidates for the position of Senior Finance Manager.
TBCSL is a new and separate subsidiary established by Trinity College Dublin, which plans to maximise international sales from Trinity College Branded merchandise. The aim of this development is to create an organisation with the capability, commercial acumen, and focus to optimise the opportunity associated with the Trinity College Dublin brand on the international stage.
TBCSL is seeking to recruit an experienced and commercially strong Senior Finance Manager. This position will report to the Finance Director and will be based in TCD, Dublin. The role will be responsible for financial management within TCD’s Commercial Revenue Unit (CRU). This role will also provide financial guidance and support the delivery of significant scaling projects.
Reporting to the Financial Director (FD) of TBCSL, the Senior Finance Manager will be a key member of the Finance team and wider CRU management team. The position will work cross- functionally and with external vendors to prepare accurate forecasts per company time lines. Applicants will need to be commercial, dynamic, have high energy hands-on approach with a strategic forward-thinking style.
Essential Duties include to:
- Work closely with and provide support to the FD as required. Deputise as required.
- Manage the day to day operations of the CRU Finance Department.
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of CRU spend and headcount against their respective budgets, forecasts and long range forecasts.
- Prepare Quarterly CRU financial analysis report, Quarterly Cash Forecasts for TBCSL, Annual Financial Statements for TBCSL and take lead role in managing the audit.
- Review monthly management accounts, KPI’s, annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Challenge commercial assumptions / positions to ensure optimal commercial outcomes are achieved.
- Provision of commentary to the University’s Financial Services Division, Comptroller and Auditor General and external auditors as part of the annual audit process.
Experience and Required Skills include:
- Relevant post qualification experience in a comparable financial position within a commercial environment, Tourism, Accommodation or Retail background strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will have a blend of both public sector & private sector experience.
- Recognised accounting qualification essential with a primary Degree.
- Strategic forward thinker, willing to challenge the status quo and actively drive change .
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills are essential.
- Strong Oracle experience essential.
- Ability to learn and integrate complex information, and communicate key insights in clear, concise fashion to team members.
- Ability to understand and implement prioritization of deliverables as well as recognize and highlight conflicts in priorities.
- Strategic forward thinker, willing to challenge the status quo and actively drive change.
For more information on this position or to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Fidelma McGeachy at firstname.lastname@example.org.