What you’ll be doing…
As our Senior Manager – Accounting & Reporting, you will be responsible for the financial accounting and reporting function, predominantly for the EMEA Region, but also for the International Balance Sheet and Cash Flow reporting, including Regional & Country monthly financial packages. Your role also ensures EMEA compliance with US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and Verizon policies. You will take the lead in accounting issues, projects, ad hoc reporting and financial analysis, plus manages the annual External Audit for the Region. This role is the right hand person to the Director – EMEA & Asia Pacific and is their primary delegate. The position is based in Reading, UK, with some European and International travel.
- Quality central financial accounting for the EMEA Region, in addition to Controlling and Reporting for the International Region; consolidated Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow reporting.
- Internal financial reporting and analysis, including oversight of the EMEA monthly close.
- Finance Transformation initiatives within EMEA and across International. Responsible for identification and implementation of continuous process improvement and efficiencies.
- EMEA Intercompany accounting including reconciliation, review and reporting. This incorporates Transfer Pricing and liaison with the US intercompany team & Treasury on tactical and strategic aspects.
- Oversight of Fixed Asset US GAAP accounting and lease accounting.
- Reviewing and booking EMEA centrally prepared accruals and provisions.
- Oversight of foreign exchange revaluation and translation programs and FX impact on results.
- External Audit co-ordination and liaison point for EMEA centrally based audit activities, primary point of contact for external auditors in EMEA.
- Oversight of quality & completeness of EMEA BlackLine reconciliations, maintaining EMEA SOX controls and testing and co-ordinating Quarterly, Interim and Year End Audit activities.
- Subject matter expert for EMEA US GAAP and technical reporting issues, including agreeing new and revised accounting treatment. Key point of contact for US General Accounting and Corporate Accounting teams. Also key contributor with IFRS implementations and other local accounting changes.
- Key EMEA Accounting/Finance business contact for IT – co-ordinates entity mergers, company code set up and SAP testing.
- Support to the business for Accounting/Finance aspects, e.g. input for customer RFPs, leasing arrangements, etc., working cross-functionally with Legal, Tax, Sourcing, Pricing and Contract management, FP&A, Facilities.
- Leading and participating in International Accounting/Finance projects as required.
- Accounting liaison with the International Tax Department, including providing Tax accounting guidance impacting tax provisions, co-ordinating deferred tax calculations and US taxable income determination.
- Management responsibility for the EMEA Regional Accounting Team, including supervision, development and succession planning.
- Strategic and tactical partner to Director – EMEA & Asia Pacific.
- Direct country or functional responsibility may be added to the role.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Experience Working with a large Muti-national company.
- Professional Accounting Qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA or relevant.
- Accounting firm experience with experience with at least one public traded global multi-currency accounting environment.
- Management and/or supervisory experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better to have:
- A degree.
- Experience with a strong US GAAP Technical Accounting background.
- Experience in advanceaccounting concepts, including core financial statement preparation of Balance Sheets, Profit & Loss Accounts and Cash Flow.
- Experience in accounting, analytical, projects and people leadership.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency with global accounting software ERP packages, preferably SAP, and analytical tools such as CPM / Essbase.
- Ability to lead projects to successful conclusion, and to build strong performing teams.
- knowledge and technical acumen for the accounting validation of business results.
- Ability to make sound business decisions quickly.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable with presenting to executives.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.