We are looking for a Scrum Master to coach and enable our product delivery teams to work efficiently and effectively together. You will collaborate with cross functional, highly skilled engineering teams. You ultimately will help teams perform at their highest levels.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Guide multiple teams
- Foster an environment of successful delivery and continuous improvement
- Help teams with challenges related to how they work and interact together
- Coach individuals, as needed, in areas like professional growth and interpersonal interactions (including conflict resolution)
- Facilitate group sessions such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, conflict resolution, decision making, team and project kick-offs
- Work with Product Owner/Product Managers to ensure product backlogs are in good shape
- Be effective in influencing individuals and groups
- Raise issues early and often to model the value of early problem detection and help to ensure impediments are removed
- Facilitate meetings
- Manage outside influences that would negatively impact the delivery of value to our customers
- Other duties as assigned
Organization: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities with an appropriate sense of what is most important and plans with an appropriate and realistic sense of the time demand involved.
Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside of the company; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
Decision Making: Makes decisions authoritatively and wisely, after adequately contemplating various available courses of action. Refrains from “jumping to conclusions” based on no, or minimal, evidence; takes time to collect facts before decision-making.
Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Between 1 and 5 years of experience working in and with Agile teams
- Working knowledge of Agile practices (Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban, XP)
- Familiar with Azure DevOps
- Exemplifies leadership in Agile principles
- Deep understanding of communication, group dynamics, and coaching
- Passionate about learning new things and applying them in a practical way
- Demonstrates servant leadership and leads through influence
- Trustworthy member of the team
SentryOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer