Position: European Sales & Business Development Manager
Salary: ÂŁ30,000 – ÂŁ50,000k – Competitive – Commensurate with experience
Extensive: International Travel Required For This Position
European Sales & Business Development Manager
Our client have been established 25 years and are world leaders in the design and manufacture of automated tarpaulin systems for commercial vehicles with a strategy to increase worldwide sales. Due to continual growth over recent years a position has become available for a European Sales & Business Development Manager to join their ranks.
This is a senior role responsible for planning, implementing and managing growth strategies within the France and Benelux regions and will involve regular overseas travel.
This will typically involve appointing, managing and supporting national distribution networks, but will also involve direct sales to large fleet operators, working with vehicle manufacturers and tendering for large industry contracts from time-to-time. Whilst new opportunities across various industries are vital to growth this must be balanced against careful management of, and driving value from, existing customers.
The position includes day-to-day management, motivation and providing progress reports to the Sales Management team.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to speak French.
- Export Sales Planning, Development & Growth.
- Customer Relationships.
- National Distributor Management.
- Sales Forecasting, Reporting & Control.
- Ad Hoc Projects and Other Activities.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of sales planning, development and growth.
- Minimum 5 years technical sales experience in the commercial vehicle, plant, mining and/or mobile machinery markets, preferably in export markets.
- Flexibility to work the hours required to achieve results.
- Attendance at meetings and exhibitions that may be out of hours or on weekends.
- Office based but overnight stays away are necessary.
- Substantial travel as directed up to 40-50% of time, including weekends if necessary.
Valid Driver’s licence, preferably ‘clean’.