Company: National instrument
Integration Engineering Services – UK
The Regional Services Director, EMEIA is accountable for directly and indirectly leading regional teams of consultants, project managers, and engineers to successful outcomes on complex integrated test, measurement, or automation systems for delivery to our customers. They spend most of their time coaching and developing their teams towards successful planning, execution and delivery of integration projects while monitoring and managing the portfolio of projects with sales. The successful Regional Services Director is people and efficiency driven, matching their individuals’ career and personal growth goals with incoming integration projects business need for an engaged and impactful team while looking for ways to improve project timelines and cost without sacrificing quality or customer satisfaction.
The Regional Services Director will be a part of a growing organization and manage highly motivated and experienced teams of engineers and project managers for the definition, development, and delivery of custom integrated test systems for some of NI’s largest customers. They are instrumental in helping the team evolve and expand by creating and refining techniques and processes and influencing specialization areas, therefore, experience communicating with various stakeholders and clients from sole contributor to Executive across multiple disciplines – Engineering, Sales, Clients will be valued. Their ability to quickly build credibility and trust for effective coaching and collaboration towards mutual outcomes will drive success.
- Leads teams of project managers and engineers towards effective execution and delivery of integrated test, measurement, or automation systems in collaboration with key sales, business unit, research and development, and manufacturing stakeholders that maximizes customer success and company growth and profitability. Ensures appropriate staffing on projects based on team skillset and availability for scope and schedule of projects.
- Drives alignment and execution on overall services strategy in the region across all service lines being accountable for complete services growth providing feedback and insight to all service lines while managing integration engineering and directly influencing methodology consulting, and services sales managers.
- Ensure ownership and accountability for integration engineering services delivery with on-time delivery, expenses, scope and quality of projects removing obstacles to move things forward and working with service delivery partners to increase capacity and scale. Managerial point of contact for escalation to move things forward and elevating to stakeholders as needed.
- Drive customer focus and insight with teams through visiting key customers to reassure success and services value delivered providing feedback and insight to NI sales account strategy for integration services positioning and delivery. Shadows team during engagements for real-time coaching and feedback to achieve NI and Customer success objectives. Guides integration engineering services strategy for local accounts through encouraging and enabling team to provide technical and customer insight from engagements to sales account managers.
- Recruits and retains an impactful and engaged team having a network and pipeline of top project management and engineering talent. Ensures proper onboarding of new staff while creating an environment within teams that inspires mastery of project management, technical, and industry/application skill, development of others, and customer centric thinking. Consistently looks for opportunities to reward performance and active applies performance management for a well-balanced team
- Align with cross-functional leaders and functions for strong collaboration and influence for seamless customer delivery and experience. Builds trusted relationships with regional sales staff and leadership to understand and influence with services strategy. Works across countries/regions as needed for collaboration on projects and local strategy execution.
- Understands and leverages metrics for data driven decision making to balance and forecast team costs and utilization towards demand and projected revenue impact. Learns and applies quantitative and qualitative data techniques to drive internal and customer stakeholders to action.
The following skills and experience are required:
- A minimum of at least 10 years of experience leading and directing customer-facing engineering projects.
- A minimum of at least 5 years managing teams of engineers and/or project managers
- A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills. Fluency in English
In addition, desired skills and experience may include:
- MBA or Master’s Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- Experience in Semiconductor test or 4G/5G telecom industry is highly desirable
- A PMP or PMI-ACP certification, is preferred.
- First-hand experience with National Instruments hardware and software.
- Strong technical and executive communication skills.
- Strong understanding of business concepts such as pricing, costs, margins, terms and conditions preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and work effectively with teams.