Orion Group Sciences are looking for a QC Project Manager for our multinational pharmaceutical client based in the South of Dublin area on an initial 12-month contract with the potential to extend.
The role will be a key role for the department responsible for collating and planning for all QC projects and non-routine requests including transfers and NPI. They will also be responsible for resource planning and tracking.
Apply the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques of project management to ensure optimal execution of programs/projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Support portfolio management of the New Product Introductions to the site as applied to QC organisation
- This includes project prioritization, resources management, status management and external communication
- Project planning for new QC equipment introduction, identifying key milestones and tracking of same from procurement through to equipment validation and approval of equipment for use
- Project planning for Analytical Method Transfers, identifying key milestones and tracking of same through to delivery and completion
- Project Management of complex (larger, interdisciplinary or site wide) projects/initiatives, including:
-Arrange agreement among the project team, customers, stakeholders and management on the goals of the project
-Have a controlled scope in place, that is understood by all stakeholders and maintained throughout completion of the project
-Develop a plan that addresses quality, objective, scope, cost, schedule, resources and responsibilities – to organize the project, and measure progress against schedule and budget
-Effectively communicate with everyone involved in the project
-Execute prudent risk and issue management. Owns the change control if applicable.
-Motivate, support and direct project team members, and inspire teamwork though Operational Excellence
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- Knowledge of Finance, Information Technology, Supply Chain, and Operational Excellence
- Preferred Requirements. Experience with project managing of QC labs would be an advantage
- Project management certification
- Be skilled in matrix working where resources are not under direct control
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science related discipline. (MSc/MBA advantageous)
- 5-8 years’ experience as Project manager in an International, Pharmaceutical or Supply Chain Environment
- Ideally needs to come from a pharma/biotech
- Experience in MS Office, MS Project, Change Control & Document Management Systems
- Experienced PM, who can plan and forecast
- Able to prepare for upcoming work
- Meets deadlines and deliverables
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.