We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Shift Manager to join our Production team in our Tewkesbury Depot. This specialist role is hands-on and predominately shop floor based, so the successful candidate will be heavily involved in the daily management and operations of the Department, its processes and employees. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
Established in 1938, Cotteswold Dairy is one of the UK’s leading independent, family-owned dairies. We support local farmers and communities by delivering the freshest, finest quality products and first-class customer service.
The role of our Production Shift Manager:
The Production Shift Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the Production department, its processes and employees. The role requires a self-motivated and results driven individual, who is focussed on target driven KPIs. The role will provide support, coaching and development of employees providing an engaged workforce with opportunities and reward.
The Hours: Full Time, Permanent working 45 hours per week, 5 days over 7 shift pattern.
The main responsibilities and functions of this role include:
– Work as part of the Management team to lead Production ensuring schedules are planned and delivered in an efficient and cost effective manner.
– Actively encourage continuous improvement activities, delivery of excellence to achieve performance targets and objectives in line with budgets.
– Work as part of the Management Team to ensure Company production, quality and hygiene targets are met.
– Ensure ‘best practice’ is maintained particularly with regard to HACCP, BRC and health and safety standards.
– Provide advice and instruction to staff with regard to hygiene and health and safety.
– Co-operate with internal departments for reporting and rectifying issues arising.
– Work in a flexible way to ensure cover during holidays and sickness, whilst being totally responsive to the needs of the Production team.
– Liaise with customers and suppliers.
– Plan, organise and utilise resources effectively, ensuring the employee rota is issued weekly and holiday and sickness is covered.
– People management responsibility including the undertaking of return to work interviews, disciplinary hearings, performance reviews and training/development.
– Set and communicate through the PDR system and other channels, ambitious goals and targets to key personnel.
– Recruitment of Production personnel.
– Proactive in identifying self-development opportunities and striving for excellence.
– Constantly review process planning, machine utilisation to enhance performance.
– Oversee training of new and existing staff to provide a consistent performance across all production lines, providing motivation, support and guidance to all levels.
Benefits you’ll receive as our Production Shift Manager:
– Online employee benefits platform
– Competitive salary
– 30 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Group Personal Pension Scheme – 4% Employer contribution
– Employee shop – discounted products and potential free delivery
– Refer a Friend Scheme – potentially receive £250
– Free car parking
Skills and attributes we are looking for in our Production Shift Manager:
– Previous demonstrable experience in a man management role/management qualification
– Food Safety Level 3
– HACCP Level 3
– Knowledge/previous experience of the dairy/food industry
– Qualification in Food Manufacturing/Science
– H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH
If you would like to join our team as our new Production Shift Manager then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.