IT Manager: This is an exciting role for an IT Manager, ideally with an interest in the music industry, and with a strong interest in technology, to join the world’s largest dance music and equipment e-commerce business. The company has a reputation as the most comprehensive source for new and back catalogue vinyl, DJ and studio equipment.
The company provides the best service, delivery times and customer support on the net. It has an in-house IT department, which is responsible for developing customer websites and internal systems, as well as maintaining and refreshing the IT infrastructure. The team consists of an IT Manager, IT Support Engineer, 5 software developers and the IT Director.
The IT Manager is pivotal to ensuring the best customer experience in terms of maintaining our IT infrastructure, customer access to websites and parcel distributions. You will be responsible for ensuring IT infrastructure uptime, security and leading the migration of infrastructure from on-premises to the Cloud. You’ll work with the development team to release versions of websites and system updates.
The IT Environment consists of Windows desktop PCs, Printers (desktop, network and specialist label printers), PDA barcode scanners (used for picking and packing customer orders), Windows and Linux servers, Office 365, Multi-site network involving Cisco WIFI access points/firewalls/switches and CAT5 Ethernet cabling, and In-house developed business applications.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong technical expertise with a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience of working in IT teams supporting/maintaining infrastructure in a complex multi-site, multi dependency environment
- Excellent IT infrastructure knowledge covering Windows/Linux servers, website hosting (PHP, Apache, MS SQL hosting, VB6), Cisco, networking, firewalls, security
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory and networking, Office 365
- Experience of migrating servers from on-premises to a hybrid on-premises/cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Hard-working, conscientious, customer-focused
- Detail focused, accurate, quality conscious
- Experience of non-IT office management (facilities, health & safety) would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in an IT management role with a track record of understanding risk, managing suppliers, planning projects and managing junior staff members
- The ability to demonstrate a genuine interest in the broader music industry, perhaps as a DJ or musician, is highly desirable as the company is a well renowned, niche specialist business within this industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for an eager IT manager or Infrastructure Manager to join the world’s largest online dance music and equipment e-commerce company. Competitive salary based on experience, plus benefits are on offer. Apply now!