Are you an IT Infrastructure professional looking to take on a new challenge?
Pennon Group is one of the largest environmental infrastructure groups in the UK comprising both Viridor and South West Water. At the top end of the FTSE 250, the Group has a workforce of around 5,000 people nationwide. Together, our aim is to build the most trusted environmental solutions company in the UK providing infrastructure and services that enhance our customers’ lives, protect the environment and deliver growth for our shareholders.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Group IT function as an Infrastructure Manager. The role can be based in either Exeter or Taunton.
What will you be doing?
The IT Infrastructure Manager’s role is to manage a team of Infrastructure Analysts and be responsible for the provision of IT infrastructure services ensuring their serviceability, availability, suitability and performance.
Managing a team of Infrastructure Analysts. You will ensure their work is appropriately planned, assigned and completed. Maintain an overview of team workloads and patterns providing preventative and improvement actions as required.
Following Group IT governance policies and processes, you’ll be responsible for designing infrastructure services to meet business needs, and subsequently delivering the build, upgrade, provision, patching, monitoring and
The IT Infrastructure Manager will coordinate and collaborate with network, application, security and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Infrastructure clients, servers and networks to meet agreed service levels.
What do you need?
- Familiarity of ITIL and PRINCE2 project governance or equivalent
- Extensive and broad-based IT and business experience, delivering diverse corporate and operational IT services in a medium / large organisation
- Experience and expert knowledge of leading technologies and standards across servers, clients and networks
- Takes personal responsibility to keep their IT governance and technical skills up to date
- Demonstrate a strong Customer Service orientation, taking ownership to ensure the effective resolution of questions, requests and issues
- Resilient with the ability to adapt to changing situations and reorganise tasks, people and priorities
- Ideally, ITIL foundation certificate in IT Service Management
What can Pennon Group offer you?
In return for your hard work as our IT Infrastructure Manager, we can offer a Competitive salary of up to ÂŁ43,968 based on your skills and experience. We can also offer a range of excellent benefits, such as our Pennon Pension Scheme, and Free Car Parking.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our IT Infrastructure Manager, apply today.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.