Housing and Care Manager HOUS93841
Bishopston, CV37 9PU
Salary £32,316 per annum
Housing 21 is a leading, not for profit provider of Retirement Housing and Extra Care for older people of modest means.
We operate in nearly 200 local authority areas, managing around 20,000 Retirement and Extra Care Living properties and providing over 42,000 hours of social care each week.
We are opening a brand new court in Bishopton in winter 2020 and we are looking for a Housing and Care Manager to join the team.
Within the role you will be responsible for the operational management and quality of the care service, ensuring viability and promoting person centred provision to meet resident needs.
You will ensure that the care quality commission essential standards are met and that the highest level of customer service is provided.
You will also ensure residents receive a high quality and responsive housing and care service in a safe and secure environment, including providing support where necessary and encouraging independence and choice.
You will be expected to collaborate with the housing provider, local authority and their stakeholders to promote a positive atmosphere within the Court whilst encouraging social interaction and reducing isolation.
To qualify for the role, you will have:
• Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care or equivalent (Essential qualification or must be willing to undertake this qualification on appointment to the role)
• Significant practitioner and/or management experience, skills and knowledge in one or more of the following areas;
o Services for older people
o Residential day or community services for older people
o Extra Care or Home care services for older people
o Prevention or re-enablement services for older people
• Experience of supervising and managing a small team, ideally within an organisation providing Social Care and / or Social Housing.
• Experience in Housing Management & Maintenance
• Experience is Housing aid and advice
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
As an employee of Housing 21 you will receive, a clear Induction pathway and training, Career progression, a 35 hours full time equivalent working week, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays. You will also be eligible to join the pension scheme, receive Income protection, Life Cover and you may join one of our many salary sacrifice schemes we currently have available.
Closing Date: 9th February 2020