We are seeking a Head of Year to take overall responsibility for the pastoral care and academic progress of our students. The year group will be discussed at interview. All subject specialisms will be considered; however, we are particularly keen to hear from candidates qualified to teach English, Drama, Science, Computing, French, Spanish, History, RS, Business Studies or Food Technology.
We would like you to have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
· A passion for teaching and education in its widest sense
· A desire to support the well-being of students
· Experience of being a form tutor
· Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders
· A willingness to undertake Continuing Professional Development and Learning (CPDL)
· The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
· Ability to demonstrate patience, flexibility and a sense of humour
· Ability to cope with pressure and demonstrate a calm and measured response
We can offer:
· A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
· The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
· The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
· Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the school website.
- Applications to be sent to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by 9.00am on Wednesday 29th January 2020.. We reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable candidate be found; therefore, early application is advised.
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
- Interview date 31st January 2020.
PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CV’S. TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT THE WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM. THIS SHOULD BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED WITH A COVERING LETTER ASAP.
Address: Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW. Tel: 01923 589699
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- TEACHING: 1 year (Required)
- QTS or equivalent (Required)