We are looking to recruit a Head of Service Management in a leadership role based at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 650,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 26-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would work with the charity’s IT Team reporting to our Chief Information Officer.
- Responsible for leading a number of teams comprising IT Operational Support and management including Infrastructure support and delivery, Environment and release management and Service Desk
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and improving service controls including ITIL process management and compliance
- Establish and manage departmental KPIs, providing visible measurement of progress and challenging across the department to ensure these are met
- Establish a cohesive Service Management team aligned to support the operational IT needs of the charity and delivering these to best practice standards
- Accountable for management and operation of the IT service desk function, delivery of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support, and charity wide communications to all users of technology services in relation to service and support
- Maintain service continuity and disaster recovery plans and regularly test them
Experience and knowledge
- ITIL qualifications and evidence of practical implementation (Desirable)
- The role holder will be an experienced service lead with Service Management or equivalent experience of managing overall delivery of IT service.
- Excellent Problem analysis and resolution skills are critical to the role, along with strong capabilities in managing IT suppliers.
- Significant experience having been gained within the IT industry and working as a customer of both large enterprise and small IT Suppliers.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with all other working parties connected with IT
- Comfortable operating and leveraging peer relationships to both challenge and influence behaviours and outcomes.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent leadership and motivation skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent management skills to effectively multiple resources and roles
- Flexibility and ability to prioritise issues with willingness to take ownership and tenacity to resolve them
- Ability to lead others in generating ideas and innovative solutions
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards