Company: Funds Partnership
Operations Manager/Senior Office Manager – Dynamic entrepreneurial company
Looking for an opportunity to do a broad, varied role, where you can become an important part of a management team?
Would you like to work as a part of a management team of a small business, where your ideas are heard, in helping the company grow and flourish?
Are you highly organised, and analytical, and able to add value and improve processes?
Do you have basic accounting, and are you comfortable with working with numbers?
A professional services firm, with offices in both Luxembourg and London, is now in need of a Senior Office Manager, to run the needs of a fast-growing business of 20-30 staff.
Working in a small office in Luxembourg of a handful of staff, with 10-15 people on the team working in London, you will report to two Directors who will be growing the office and team considerably over the next 2-3 years.
Different from the typical small firm duties, it isn’t just the bookkeeping and controlling duties on the financial side, but also the HR duties and more strategic projects that you will be leading. You’ll have amazing exposure to the senior management team but also the autonomy to run operations how you feel suits the organization best to the highest standard, creating new ideas, problem-solving with the team, and be solution-orientated for any changes and updates
The responsibility is great as you’ll be the authorised person in Luxembourg to sign off all documents and agreements, interacting with clients, and third-party organisations as a senior member of the business.
It’s quite a modern role in the sense that all new programmes and software is used, online tracking of payments and documents, and so the person needs to be a forward-thinking, dynamic and flexible character.
Experience in Soparfi/holding companies would be a good asset, even coming from a fiduciary background if you are looking for a good change in environment.
As the business welcomes senior and experienced candidates for this role, they are open to someone looking for 80% working hours, ideally giving one day off per week for the right person.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers who prepare payroll and accounting, this means that you will not do the work hands-on,
- You will be responsible for coordinating it with the firm’s suppliers and ensure the team receive their monthly payslips.
- Working with 3rd party Accountants in both the UK and Luxembourg who prepare company accounts,
- Your role will be limited to adding entries on our system and filing AP and AR invoices on the cloud, those firms will then pick up the work and prepare monthly and annual accounts. Although you will not do much of the hands-on work, you will coordinate and manage the work on behalf of the firm, to ensure completion to corporate tax filing deadlines in both UK and Lux.
- Point of contact for clients contracts, you will have the reference information of the firm’s client database and will prepare standard contracts for sending out to new and prospective clients (with the assistance of the commercial team)
- Point of contact for supplier contracts, you will have the reference information of the firm’s supplier database and will review any new or old contracts on a regular basis to ensure we have the best supplier relationships that you, and the management, feels really benefits the business.
- Working with the Directors to review company financials on a monthly and annual basis
- HR (Arranging new staff set-up, coordinating holiday approval with directors, keeping Luxembourg register of holidays/ absences/ sick notes etc)
- Managing all IT needs and regular review of stock update in both office locations
- Working with Senior managers closely on internal and external affairs
- Supporting the Directors in any Ad-hoc projects, across marketing, suppliers, clients and team needs
- Managing GDPR and regulation duties that may arise.
- Reporting the MDs
- As the team is quite diverse and needs vary, an experienced Senior/Director is needed, 10+ years in office management and operations
- We are not looking for a job hopper, we would like to see CV history of those who has worked and stayed in each of their roles for at least 3 years, someone who is prepared to go on the journey.
- Fluent English is essential and either French, German, or Luxembourgish would be appreciated.
- Strong Luxembourg experience, history in the UK a bonus
- Have a passionate and open-minded attitude to work, flexible and willing to take on any new tasks and be versatile
- Familiar working with small and/or medium-sized company previously
- Professional and punctual manner
- Work with an established company, 10+ years in operation with stable and senior management with a start-up vibe.
- Forward-thinking work environment, using new dynamic platforms
- Enjoy a hands-on role, completing a more controlling role.
- Work autonomously, in a very varied role
- Amazing responsibility is given
- Work with an international team, French, English, Irish etc
- Salary range based on experience but typically, EUR 70k-90k per annum
If you are interested in this position and would like to hear more, please get in touch today with Lisa on lisa@fundspartnership,com