YOUR PERSONAL MISSION AT NAVABI
As Head of Merchandising (m/f/d) at navabi your personal mission is to create the right assortment strategy for the business’s success and to deliver accurate planning and in-season management.
YOUR NAVABI CHALLENGE
- Work with the Chief Merchandising Officer and CEO to develop the right fashion strategy.
- Optimise the range architecture between branded and own brand product, ensuring a complementary mix and successful business model.
- Consider different customer preferences across the international navabi business and how different markets can be better supported to their preferences.
Planning and Forecasting
- Partner with CMO to create and implement seasonal merchandising plans
- Create, monitor, and revise the Open-to-Buy
- Ensure the plan reflects the need to “lean in” on key items and reduce or eliminate waning items
- Help the company to identify the Big Bets and invest in the right brands, product categories etc.
- Support the merchandisers to maximise buying and margin opportunities
- Create monthly re-forecasts and review with C level
- Approve monthly sales, stock and markdown forecasts
- Forecast based on expected demand rather than merchandise in stock
- Monitor and adapt stock levels as needed, using promotions, markdowns, and liquidation as methods to maintain appropriate levels
- Review weekly top line analysis of KPIs regarding sales, stock levels, gross profit, and markdown costs
- Optimise inventory through smart pricing and markdown strategies
- Review style flow and resulting OTB to achieve monthly forecasts, drive sales while minimising risks
- Establish processes for inseason topics such as reordering and NOS
- Manage the creation of ad-hoc and proactive data analysis for senior leadership
- Build, grow and develop the merchandising team
- Foster strong relationships and team spirit
- Ensure efficiency through effective motivation, training and development of your team
WHAT EVERY NAVABISTA MUST BRING TO THE TABLE
- A deep desire to constantly improve yourself both professioally, as well as personallly through intentional learning. You strive to become your best version.
- The ability to self-manage & think independently. We don’t want to hire someone who doesn’t want to own their own destiny and constantly needs to be told what to do.
- A kind and compassionate nature. Everyone is fighting a battle we don’t know anything about and we need people who are compassionate despite challenges, while also being able to practice tough love when necessary. You genrally spread fun at work!
- A passion and love for what you are doing. As one of the cornerstones of our culture, we see this deep passion and love for what we do. This sets free energy and drive we need to build navabi as a successful company and amazing workplace!
WHAT COULD BE VALUABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- An ability to work effectively with BI tools, and strong experience in working with excel
- Merchandising financials and profitability management know how
- Ability to structure the merchandise planning team and experience in executing best practices
- Good collaborative and communicative partner
- Passionate about fashion and the customer
- Absolute Hands-On mentality whilst being a capable strategist
- Great Teamplayer and understanding how to build and grow a team
- High affinity for software and systems
- Fluent in German AND English
- Preferably experience with women apparel and e-commerce businesses
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- English (Required)
- German (Preferred)