We are looking to recruit a Head of IT Governance in an analytical role based at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 650,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would work with the charity’s IT Team reporting to our Chief Information Officer.
- Leads on the creation and improvement of all IT governance and reporting processes such as project, development and operational KPIs including data capture, forecasting, reporting and budgeting
- Responsible for the creation of the required IT processes associated with entering into new IT contracts and renewal of existing contracts – including liaising with Procurement and Finance and setting guidelines and providing advice to ensure that key stakeholders are integrated into IT processes.
- Management of all IT contracts – taking responsibility to work with Procurement to ensure contracts are renewed/replaced and managed efficiently and effectively and leading a supplier review with support from Procurement
- Develop and operate an IT PMO governance framework involving stakeholders in the joint development of a Change Management Framework ensuring seamless transition from design stage to implementation and run stages.
- Responsible for all software licenses and ensuring that licenses are managed and maintained in accordance with the contract and that we have the right number of licenses in place.
- Lead and develop a team that will permit delivery of Charity wide PMO function, IT Risk Management, IT Supplier management – particularly for key suppliers, Continuous improvement strategy, IT Governance processes and Software licence management
- Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of training and development to strengthen and build upon the core technical competencies of the team.
Experience and knowledge
- Lean or sigma experience (Desirable)
- Experience of rolling out an IT governance transformation
- Substantial experience in a leadership position in IT or governance related role
- Good understanding of technology, systems and applications environments
- Comfortable operating and leveraging peer relationships to both challenge and influence behaviours and outcomes.
- Possess excellent customer service, communication, managerial and interpersonal skills.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative without needing to be prompted.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent management skills to effectively multiple resources and roles
- Able to abstract key concepts from large volumes of information
- Ability to derive key concerns from stakeholders
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards