DDCOS UK are currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and therefore have a great opportunity for a brand new role. We are looking for a natural leader, with gravitas and stakeholder management skills, to manage day-to-day IT operations, taking responsibility for IT service providers, IT project delivery, and driving innovation and change.
The role will be working closely with the Senior Management to ensure Governance, Compliance and Best Practice across multiple UK and Global sites.
- Ownership of the IT Helpdesk and Team
- Devise and Manage IT Budget
- Devise and agree IT Strategy with Senior Management Team
- Devise, establish and maintain all IT Policies and Systems
- Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs today, and in the future
- Responsible for Risk and Threat Management and ongoing IT Security
- Collaborate with key leadership to define business and systems requirements, potential technical solutions, and recommended technical approaches for internal application and infrastructure implementation
- Develop business case rationalisations and cost/benefit analysis for IT investments and initiatives
- Coordinate and Facilitate with Global policies/direction on best-practice asset management for regional IT hardware, software, and equipment
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Support Pre-Sales processes – this might be I.T. Due Diligence questions and/or Cost provisioning
- Relationship Management across all infrastructure and development partners and suppliers
- Full responsibility for the implementation of and ongoing availability of all Infrastructure and Infrastructure support services, including networking, networking resilience and security
- Responsibility for the delivery of IT Projects
- Ownership of the ongoing compliance with regulation, best practice, PCI Attestation and accredited ISO Standards
- Ensure all practices and policies align with our ongoing adherence with GDPR
Travel in the UK an international will be required as part of the role. Also flexibility is required as Operational hours are 8am to 8pm.
a. Direct Reports:
There is a small team made up of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support technicians across the U.K and Bosnia. Direct reports will be UK only.
b. Scope of influence:
Key internal & external stakeholders and the nature of the relationships This role will work closely with both the Infrastructure and Development teams in UK and (predominantly, but not restricted to) Bosnia. They will work closely with the Senior Management team and Standards Manager to ensure continued compliance with all regulatory requirements and ISO Standards, and with the Programme Director on Planning and Governance.
This role is also pivotal in maintaining relationships with the department’s key internal client; Operations.
The role will also require some collaboration with our team in Bosnia to ensure Solutions, Technology, Policies, Processes and Governance align (where appropriate).
a. Key skill requirements:
The Head of IT will be motivated, ambitious and passionate about developing, maintaining and managing IT Infrastructure with an ability to identify and drive customer-centric improvements across the business.
- With at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrable experience of managing a team in a matrix management type environment.
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Microsoft certification would be preferable
- A project management qualification would be advantageous such as Prince 2 or Agile DSDM
- Significant interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, influence and motivate
- Able to step into a technical design authority role for the purpose of internal and external projects
- Strong technical capabilities and an ability to troubleshoot complex scenarios
- Previous demonstrable experience of working with ISO27001 and GDPR
Technical capabilities and knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7,8,10
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003,2008,2012
- Knowledge of Apple iOS (iPad and iPhone)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Active Directory
- Experience of Hyper-V
- Cisco Networking (Meraki and preferably Checkpoint) and ASA firewall
- SharePoint – content, collaboration and search. Preferably at expert level
- Office 365 administration – provisioning, configuration, user management, application management, deployment, security and mobile device management
- Microsoft PowerApps, PowerBI, Teams, Flow and Forms knowledge. Expert in this area with code, low-code and no-code skills and the ability to integrate and orchestrate these application functions together
- Azure – resource provisioning, networking, identity and access management with Azure AD, service provisioning
- On premises Active Directory configuration and management
- Storage and Back up
DDC Outsourcing Solutions are an equal opportunities employer
By submitting your application, you consent to DDC Outsourcing Solutions processing your personal data to consider your suitability for employment with DDC Outsourcing Solutions. You can withdraw your application at any time. Your personal data will be retained by us only for so long as is necessary to consider your application. If you are successful in the recruitment process, depending on the role that you have applied for, we may need to undertake screening checks on you and may need to pass your personal data to a third party. We will seek your permission before we do this. If you are successful and become an employee of DDC Outsourcing Solutions your personal data may become a part of your personnel file.