Kent & Canterbury
11pm – 27.01.20
Job Title: Head of Health and Safety
Contracted Hours: Full Time
Salary: £60,000 per annum plus benefits
Location: Kent and Canterbury Hospital with travel across the Trust
About the Role
We are currently recruiting an experienced Head of Health & Safety to lead on the provision of health and safety services to East Kent University Hospitals Foundation Trust and to 2gether Support Solutions.
As the Head of Health and Safety you will ensure all health and safety and security services are provided in a competent manner and are in line with responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, and associated protective legislation, both as an employer, a landlord, a tenant and as an organisation. The Health & Safety lead will promote and advise on the development of strong health and safety cultures.
The Head of Health and Safety will develop and ensure delivery Local Security Management Specialist (LSMS) or equivalent services via an SLA with the Trust, advising on the provision of a safe and secure environment to protect patients, staff, general public, and contractors from violence, criminal damage and theft.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and attributes
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 5 (or Above) qualification in Health & Safety
- Chartered Member IOSH
- At least 5 years’ experience of H&S / Risk Management gained within the NHS, other large complex multidisciplinary organisation with at least 3 years’ experience at senior level
- Possess Strong Leadership skills
- Development and implementation of safety management systems
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Influence, negotiation and persuading skills
- Skilled in creation of training needs analyses and the design, delivery and evaluations of relevant training
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Good IT skills, e.g. spread sheets, database, budget management
- Innovation and design of systems and procedures
- Budget management experience
- Hold a valid UK driving Licence and access to own vehicle (travel will be required to other site within the trust)
Why work for us?
2gether Support Solutions is a new, wholly owned subsidiary company of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.
At 2gether Support Solutions we put customer service and quality at the heart of all that we do. We have strong social enterprise principles and the profits we make go back into supporting our staff, improving services for patients and other community activities in east Kent.
- We offer a range of excellent benefits including:
- 26 days leave per annum rising to 28 days after 3 years’ service
- One H&S professional subscription up to £250 per year funded
- Access to gross salary pension scheme where 2gether matches employee contributions up to 8%.
Apply online today or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 8333 for more information.
2gether Support Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we can appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.