This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software leader to join a rapidly expanding company. This business is on a strong growth trajectory and requires a technology leader to help build and develop quality cloud-based products for our customers.
As the Head of Development, you will be responsible for the technical development and delivery of our companies online SAAS products including developing new functionality modules, upgrading existing functionality and developing customised client applications. Working closely with the Head of Creative Design you will be provided with development mock-ups and scopes to agreed project requirements both internally and externally.
This role is suited to an experienced, strategic, Software Development Manager / Head of Development, who thrives on running technical teams.
You must be commercially minded and technologically forward-thinking. You must have strong knowledge of software development and IT related business operations alongside experience of building cross platform applications with extensive web experience.
- Experience in managing a development teams with direct reports
- Experience of JIRA and managing SCRUM meetings
- Proven experience of defining and creating new solutions and delivering web-based applications
- Strategic understanding of development technologies and ability to talk though development requirements with the team on a technical level and to direct the solution to the business needs
- Excellent understanding of Project Management methodologies (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, Prince2)
- Strong technical decision making with the ability to provide expert guidance to stakeholders at all levels.
- The ability to interact with and provide guidance to key stakeholders, including project teams made up of internal employee and/or vendor resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
- Proficient knowledge of front-end performance testing and optimization techniques
- Thorough understanding of performance and scalability
- Full UK driving licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00 to £55,000.00 /year