Head of Data Technology – Zurich
Start Date : 01/06/20
Salary: 200,000 – 300,000 CHF
Joining as the new Head of Data Technology you will have the remit to lead the Data and Business Intelligence function for the business & be responsible for over 200 staff globally. You will oversee 4 key areas, including Data Governance, Data Quality, BI Delivery and BI Architecture & Design. You will report in to the Global Head of Operations and the CFO.
You will be working in the global headquarters of a Swiss financial company. The working language is English, but German speaking skills are advantageous.
- Experience of developing and implementing a Data & BI centre of excellence/business service spanning People, Process, Technology & Data
- Change Leadership skills, with the ability to set an agenda and convince others to follow; a proven ability to influence people and challenge the status-quo
- Experience growing a successful BI function, allocating relevant procurement budgets & managing external spend
- Significant Data & BI experience spanning technical delivery and leadership roles;
- Knowledge of Oracle databases
- Understanding of Data Modelling and the key differences between recognised industry techniques/models (e.g. Kimball, 3NF, Data Vault);
- Relevant technical knowledge spanning ETL, Data Warehouse, BI and Data Governance/Management technologies; the Microsoft BI stack (inc. Power BI)
- SQL & Data literate, with the ability to work with less data literate customers to achieve required outcomes;