Klaveness is an operator, service provider and integrated owner with innovation as an integral part of our overall vision. In addition to being a leading service provider to the global dry bulk industry, including providing digital solutions for wider use in the shipping industry, the company has a unique concept for combination carriers and provides container feeder vessels to various operators. With more than 70 years of experience, Klaveness operates close to 135 vessels through offices in Oslo, Singapore, Manila and Dubai with around 175 employees onshore and close to 650 seafarers. More information about our company and our activities on http://www.klaveness.com.??
Head of Commercial Operations – Combination Carriers & Container Vessels
Klaveness Combination Carriers has a fleet of 9 specialized CABU combination carriers and a fleet of 8 CLEANBUs whereof 5 are under construction. The combination carriers are designed to carry both dry and wet cargoes including clean petroleum products. This flexibility provides operational profiles with significantly less ballast voyages and CO2 emissions per ton mile.
Learn more about the combination carriers at http://www.combinationcarriers.com
In addition, Torvald Klaveness has a fleet of 8 container vessels.
To strengthen our global operations team, we are seeking a new Head of Commercial Operations who will be responsible for the overall Ship Operations of our owned vessels in addition to be the coordinator of Klaveness’ Freight, Laytime & Hire Desk. The position will be part of the management team in Klaveness Operations, reporting to COO and based in Oslo
We emphasize team work and collective efforts as the most effective way to develop our company towards operations excellence.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Active engagement with clients, terminal owners and authorities in loading and discharge ports will be needed depending on trade routes and new cargoes
- Structure the processes, roles and responsibilities within combination carrier & container vessel operations
- Be the immediate superior for ship operators and Freight, Hire & Laytime employees in Oslo, Singapore and Manila
- Capable of operating several vessels independently including full remit of end to end voyage operations, incl but not limited to laytime, bunkering, hire payments, claims etc.
- Fully responsible for voyage result – expense & revenue
- Full remit of commercial ship operations – Liaising with Master, Agents, Brokers, Owners, Charterers – Voyage Instructions, Stowage optimization, Hire, Bunkers, Tug contracts etc
- Will be handling a large variety of dry and wet cargoes requiring thorough cleaning of cargo holds after completion of each discharge operation- knowledge of cleaning operations, chemicals & equipment is an advantage
- Act as advisor and point of contact for internal departments & external clients
- Proactive, with strong interest in operations standards
- Progressive thinker
- Able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient and transparent way
- Strong IT skills and high acumen for digital initiatives
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Eager to initiate new projects to improve efficiency and digitalization in business
- Team player with the ability to work independently
Qualifications and experience:
- More than 10 years’ experience from ship operations – tanker and bulk
- Deck Officer Sailing experience on Tankers (MR/LR) – Mandatory
- Experience from operation of tankers in CPP Trades- added advantage
- Bulk Carrier cargo knowledge and trade requirements – added advantage
- Combination Carrier sailing or commercial Experience – added advantage
- Leadership skills
- Strategic ability
- Good communicator, proficient in spoken and written English
- An exciting job in an international company with great ambitions for the future
- Good opportunities for personal and professional development
- A great working environment in modern offices in Oslo
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Nordic Star Recruitment, Simen Dahl, +47 913 77 787 or Halvor Skaarer, +47 907 22 378.
Send your application marked “Klaveness” to the email address listed.
Learn more about how Klaveness process your personal data during a recruitment process (https://www.klaveness.com/privacy-policy).
Vennligst henvis til Jobbdirekte i søknaden din.
- Industri / Bygg og anlegg / Håndverk og verkstedsarbeid
- Industri / Produksjon