Posted Date: Jan 15 2020
Are you a Marketing Leader with experience in driving US centric content? Do you have a track record in delivering brand growth using innovative marketing techniques? We’re looking for a brand SUPERTAR to join our world class Skin Health team in Nyon! If this sounds like you then see below to learn more!
As Global Marketing Director Abreva / Zovirax you will manage the global brands throughout the organization, with a strong focus on the US market. This role owns the conversion of brand assets and campaigns into inspiring briefing kits to increase clarity of strategy, adoption of global assets and impact of market sharing of best practices driving the accelerated brand growth. Abreva is a leader in the cold sore category in the US and your role will be to grow this key market as well as increase market share of Zovirax in other focus countries around the world.
- Define and develop the Abreva / Zovirax strategy to deliver brand sales & share growth through industry leading activation plans grounded in deep consumer understanding / insights and brought to life with great creative & execution.
- US Consumer Marketing experience is preferred as this role will include regular travel to the US and a strong understanding of the market dynamics, competition, how to launch new products and working with US teams on a daily basis.
- Ownership of your brands P&L, reporting to the Global Brand Lead, Medicated Skin.
- The opportunity to scope a strong innovation pipeline focussed on delivering great science and answering our customer’s needs.
- Build a culture of consumer obsessed creative bravery, agility, and data / performance within the team as well as with key partners to help the brand breakthrough in new, engaging, and persuasive ways
- Manage agency relationship and inspire them to bring forth best-in-industry work to enhance the brand’s market relevance
- Influence leadership on the adoption of the new innovative approach to the activation toolkit.
- Partner with brand teams in the creation and deployment of the toolkits ensuring high quality and on time delivery.
- Influence brand teams and market GM’s in the utilization of these toolkits to create ‘break-through’ amplification plans that will step-change their market performance.
- Lead others in the identification and rapid sharing of internal and external best practice.
- Establish and deploy a robust approach to setting relevant key performance indicators for the activation toolkit.
- Review, analyze and evaluate success against agreed key performance indicators in the Marketing Excellence Dashboard.
- Act as the key point of contact for interventions deployment, alignment, and clear communication.
- Deliver formal updates, flagging potential issues, risk mitigation and timely solutions.
Key Performance Indicators …
- 3-years sales & share growth
- A robust and implementable 5 year innovation plan of new launches
- Building a culture and brand that colleagues seek to be a part of
- Demonstrates ability to manage conflict, influence peers, and build strong working relationships across leadership teams
- Is known for demonstrating GSK key values
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Global and local marketing experience – ideally US experience
- Fast moving consumer goods and over the counter industry experience
- Experience working in emerging markets
- Experience with digital marketing
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s degree
- US Marketing experience (highly advantageous)
- Strategic thinker
- Strong leadership skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity!
Closing Date: 29th Jan 2020.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application. Please take the opportunity to download a copy of the job description when applying.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.