Events and Services Manager
Are you a project and event manager eager to engage with a wider audience? Do you have experience of engaging members/clients across multiple marketing channels and are looking to expand your skills? If so, read on.
Our client is an expanding Top 20 accountancy practice with offices across the UK and internationally. They are now seeking an Events and Services Manager to join their team in London.
– Competitive salary
– Pension scheme arrangements
– Private medical insurance and dental cover at discounted rates
– 33 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays)
– Discretionary Christmas shutdown (not counted as part of holiday entitlement)
– The ability to purchase extra days leave
– Subsidised corporate gym membership
– Life assurance
– Season ticket loan (for travel)
– Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
Dedicated to attracting and retaining the best, our client prides themselves on being people-focused. They foster a nurturing environment and enable their employees to pursue their individual interests and professional aspirations.
Your role will be vital to bringing our client’s global group together through events, training and the intranet, and so is the perfect opportunity to really challenge yourself and make your mark within the company.
As an Events and Services Manager, you will research, plan and deliver between six and eight global events annually, and manage the capture, monitoring and reporting of membership referrals.
You will also project manage development and the day-to-day running of the intranet and will work closely with the training working group to facilitate training activities.
Your role will involve:
– Researching, selecting and negotiating contracts with venues and suppliers
– Developing and implementing promotions to drive event uptake
– Taking part in every aspect of event planning, from progress reports through to distribution of supporting materials
– Organising and managing membership financial reporting
– Processing and reporting on quarterly membership referral returns and conducting follow-ups on outstanding returns
– Educating members on the referral reporting process and overseeing the accounting and financial reporting of member firms’ accounts
– Marketing training activities to ensure effective uptake by members
To be considered as an Events and Services Manager, you will need:
– At least three years’ experience of managing complex and varied projects and events
– Experience of engaging members/clients across multiple marketing channels, with a proven track record of campaign marketing to increase uptake/sales/engagement
– Financial and budgetary control experience
– Proficiency in Windows 7, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
– A motivated and conscientious approach
– Excellent organisation skills
Although not essential, the ideal candidate will have proficiency in one or more languages as well as English. A working knowledge of associations/membership organisations or working in a professional services environment would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Event Manager, Global Community Manager, Global Membership Manager, Membership Events Manager, Event Marketing Manager or Marketing Service Manager.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Events and Services Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, 9:30 – 5:30