We strongly believe that high performance comes from having fun at work, and the courage to think outside the box. Come and join us. We are both world leading and pioneers in our field.
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer. We are now in the starting blocks of developing next generation products and solutions that will be connected, electrified and automated.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Director Strategy & Business Development to lead and further develop the work of the Strategy & Business Development Team, consisting of Business Development, Pricing & Business Analysis, and Commercial Launch project management.
This position reports to the Vice President Product Management Industrial and will be part of the Product Management Industrial management team.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT INDUSTRIAL
Product Management Industrial (PMI) aligns the organization to meet market needs of today and tomorrow in a profitable manner. PMI sets product strategies and pricing models, launches product development projects and supports all market regions in sales phases. PMI represents the voice of the customer towards other functions, for Volvo Penta to excel from design to aftermarket support.
- Develop and establish the Industrial Segment long-term (8-10 year) strategy.
- Lead the work of developing, anchoring and following up Industrial Segment roadmaps and activities in Volvo Penta’s Tactical Plan (3 year horizon),
- Lead and further develop the work of the Strategy & Business Development Team, consisting of Business Development, Pricing & Business Analysis, and Commercial Launch project management.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and total solutions
- Analyze and recommend potential collaborations with external partners.
- Act as secretary for the Industrial Segment Council, securing planning, preparation, moderation and documentation of decisions made in this forum.
- Lead the planing, execution and follow-up of Global Industrial Segment Sales & Application Seminars.
- Prepare presentations, present status reports, etc. for top management
In this role you will have close contact with the global market for industrial engines and components in order to develop the market know-how. As a natural part of the daily work there will be presentations, discussions and meetings regarding suggested business development strategy and goals with company executives and other colleagues.
WHO ARE YOU?
To have good pre requisites for this role, we believe you have:
- Experience in strategy development, business plan preparation and strategic analysis
- Have experience from leading teams and enjoy developing people
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills
- Structured way of working
- Self-driven, team-player and seeking continuous improvement
- Customer oriented with a business mind-set
- University degree in relevant field (business and/or technical) or experience to equivalent level
- Prior experience in similar industry context (B2B) and international exposure is a merit
- Great communication skills in English, spoken and written
At Volvo Penta we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality etc. We find that well balanced working teams increase group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solutions.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
We believe it is the right mindset that will make a difference within our organization. If you see yourself working in an environment that challenge you to combine your strategic approach with a more hands on attitude then we are sure you will be successful in this position.
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Prabhakaran Sundaramurthi, VP Product Management Industrial, +46 31 322 12 35
Anna Thorén, HR Director, +46 31 323 53 53
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date