Job Title: Director of Sales & Marketing Newpark Hotel
Responsible to: General Manager
Purpose of Job: To maximise the sales potential and achieve revenue budgets through business development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to General Manager, the Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for business generation.
- Identifying opportunities locally, nationally and internationally and build relationships with key individuals and organisations.
- Manage existing accounts and develop new accounts from corporate markets for bedroom, meeting and event business for the Newpark Hotel.
- * Participate in all sales activities including sales calls, corporate entertaining, social events and promotions.
- Responsible for Sales Administrator, ensuring weekly tasks and activities are set for them and ensure all telephone calls, emails etc. are dealt with and / or logged promptly and efficiently when off site.
- To Represent Newpark Hotel (and Flynn Hotel Group, where necessary) at trade exhibitions, consumer fairs, shopping centres, workshops etc., and to become involved in associations which may benefit hotel sales.
- To negotiate and seek out Conference/Corporate business for the Newpark Hotel
- Send out all Corporate Contracts.
- To entertain clients and carry out, familiarisation trips, and client entertainment as required
- Co-ordinating RSVP lists for corporate evenings.
- To assist with site inspections for potential and current Corporate Accounts
- To co-ordinate Mail Shots / Mail outs / Leisure E-zines etc.
- Promote a selling environment throughout the hotel.
- To be aware of relevant competitor information and market changes and to recommend/initiate changes in our services as necessary.
- Liaise closely with other departments in all hotels including Food and Beverage, Rooms Division and Conference and Banqueting.
- Maximise all sales opportunities and ensure sales leads generated are actioned or referred according to departmental standards.
- Encourage customer feedback and to ensure this is passed on and dealt with via the appropriate channels
- To assist in Group paperwork and reports.
- To have complete and thorough knowledge of all facilities and services Newpark Hotel can offer our clients – menus, beverages, prices, room sizes and audio visual services
- Involvement in Hotel’s social media outlets and liaising with PR company for same
- Travel is expected for sales calls and trade shows etc. as will be required.
- To be aware of the main market developments that influence business or create favourable market conditions.
- Ensure the accurate processing, distribution, filing and follow up of all sales correspondence, including the execution of contracts, quotations, confirmations and cancellations.
- Report all sales activity to General Manager on a weekly basis.
- Execute quarterly sales and marketing plans to focus and adapt activity to support business needs..
- Ability to achieve specific targets and motivate sales team to achieve these targets.
- Protect and promote the reputation of Newpark Hotel at all times in any sales and marketing activity.
- Manage the property’s reactive and proactive sales efforts.
- Create and develops marketing communication activities.
- Suggest innovative marketing ideas to grow market share.
- Identify public relations opportunities to compliment the overall sales and marketing strategy.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for Newpark Hotel.
- Focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
- Note: The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties directed by management.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)