Location: Henley on Thames RG9
Director of ESG Research
London and Henley-On-Thames
- Join a growing ESG function at a leading asset manager
Join our team
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. Our passion for continually searching for ways to improve that experience is second to none and we’re looking for people to join us who grow with that challenge.
To lead the global environmental, social and governance (ESG) research and engagement agenda, produce ESG analysis at company, sector and thematic level globally and engage at company and collaborative level.
You will be responsible for:
- ESG research frameworks and tools
- Building industry leading ESG research capabilities
- Co-ordinate and set up tools and systems for high impact research and engagement with focus on outcomes
- Collaborate with the technology teams and tools and systems
- Evaluate and assess research providers
- Assess suitability of research tools and systems for all asset classes including equities, fixed income, quantitative and real assets
- Producing research: Produce proprietary ESG company level research with emphasis on investment relevance (bringing to bear internal and external tools to produce research)
- Generalist research coverage globally and across equities and fixed interest
- Producing sector level ESG analysis on specific areas of interest across investment teams
- Monitoring company activities on an ongoing basis and staying ahead of event risks
- Ability to produce research of relevance to sustainability product
- Reciprocal and individual engagement: Engaging in dialogue with companies on specific ESG related agenda items
- Engaging with companies both at senior executive and non-executive board levels
- Collaborating with other investors on thematic areas of interest via networks and forums
- Analysing environmental and socially related shareholder resolutions
- Effective internal dialogue with investment teams on ESG company and sector research as well as portfolio level view of ESG performance
- Leadership and team contribution: Leading ESG research team
- Representation at industry forums and events
- Contribution to thought leadership pieces periodically
- Contributing to special projects and other team activities
- Data governance
- Provide any other assistance relating to the above or as reasonably required by the role
- Ensure all activities are in line with Invesco’s Conduct principles
Have the autonomy to make an impact
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Have experience of ESG research within investment management across asset classes
- Previous experience in driving ESG research frameworks as well as ESG engagement both individually and collectively
- Knowledge and prior use of ESG research tools and technology
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Independence of thought
- Results focused
- Prioritisation and task management
- Accepts responsibility
- Demonstrated interest in ESG matters
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. As part of Invesco’s commitment to ensuring our teams have the broad range of experiences and backgrounds required to promote diversity of thought, and to maintaining a positive, engaging work environment, we champion smart working.
For this particular role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location for 1 or 2 days per week
Working some flexible hours – flexing your start/finish time to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Please feel free to discuss flexible working options with us.
The Good Stuff
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Company-provided healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Generous pension provisions
- Income protection
- Health and wellness benefits
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave
- Life insurance
Our Commitment to the Community, the Environment and Responsible Investing
We partner with charitable organisations globally to make an impact in the communities where we live and work. Our people are encouraged to support the charities they feel most passionate about and are offered two days’ volunteering leave annually.
We are committed to adopting and implementing responsible investment principles and practices that uphold our fiduciary responsibility to our clients, as well as being good stewards of the environment.
Invesco is committed to environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. We serve our clients in this space as a trusted partner both on specific responsible investment product strategies as well as part of our commitment to deliver a superior investment experience.
At Invesco, we’re driven by a passion to exceed. Our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting our colleagues both personally and professionally. If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, we invite you to explore your potential with us.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment with Invesco may request this by sending an e-mail to EMEA- Talent Acquisition. Please include your name, the job you are interested in, and the type of accommodation you are requesting.
Invesco has an in-house recruitment team, which focuses on sourcing great candidates directly.
Therefore, Invesco will not accept unsolicited resumes from agency or search firm recruiters.
Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired. When we do use agencies, we have a PSL in place, so please do not contact hiring managers directly.
EMEA Regulatory Data:
SMCR Senior Manager
SMCR Certified Person
MiFID Knowledge & Competence role
FCA Training & Competence role
Material Risk Taker