Posted Date: Jan 15 2020
Are you interested in developing an insight and data analytics strategy? Do you want to lead a team of Insight Leads? If so, the Director, Global Medical Insights Leads position might be right for you!
The purpose of the Director, Global Medical Insights Leads role is to lead a team of Insights Leads, who will be aligned to the GMALs, to uncover asset-specific insights and inform the related medical strategies and tactics. The role will include evolving and maintaining an effective global medical way of working for the generation and utilization of medical insights. The Global Lead for Insights supports the Head of Analytics and Insights to develop an insight and data analytics strategy, as well as manage performance and resources in key areas such as data management and analytics, insight generation and dissemination.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Accountability for designing, maintaining and evolving an effective global medical way of working for the utilisation of insight from patients, healthcare providers and regulators into early and late development stage by driving the design and implementation of effective ways of working and related operational frameworks for the deployment of insight generation processes and medical digital practices.
- Lead a team of Insights Leads, who will have a global scope and will be trusted consultants/advisors and insight discovery experts for the GMALs, bringing together a holistic summary of insights for prioritized assets across markets with a key focus on the top priority LOCs/regions aligned with Global strategy. Manage, mentor and develop the Insights leads whist ensuring that they are resourced and trained adequately.
- Champion insight discovery best practices, frameworks, and analytics methods ensuring standard application of these best practices, frameworks, and methodologies across the Insights Leads that they are responsible for. They will also ensure feedback loops back to the LOCs/Regions and other medical functions for alignment.
- Partner with the therapeutic areas (TA) Heads to understand analytical needs, prioritize demand, and ensure TA-specific insights strategies projects are delivered on time, on budget and with quality, including alignment in terms of business priorities and distribution of Insights Lead resources across TAs. This role will also partner and collaborate with the Data Science and Analytics team, the Global Lead for Insights Data Strategy & Partnerships, Regional Analytics teams as well as external vendors to align and leverage current and future capabilities and infrastructure.Partner with key stakeholders (including LOC teams, Global Businesses Units, Digital Data and Analytics, R&D, Global Commercial Platforms) to ensure alignment with the medical vision, mission and roadmap on customer insights innovation
- Provide specialised scientific, operational and medical governance expertise to drive performance and minimise risks during the design and implementation of the insight generation and utilisation framework across Global, Regional and Local teams.
- Support the design, delivery and validation of training for newly embedded insight generation processes and related standards
- Develop an understanding of the TAs of focus and the prioritized assets within the TA including knowledge of the assets/products and strategies; Develop knowledge of the priority LOCs/Regions for local environment context when synthesizing insights at a global level.
- Enable the partnership with the central analytics team to scope important global questions, develop analysis plans, apply advanced statistical, machine learning, and text analytics methods to translate the unstructured information into actionable insights, and help interpret analytical findings in the context of the TA/asset of focus. Review findings with the Insight Lead team to pressure test global level findings given localized contributions and capture global findings/potential insights for review and validation with global medical experts.
- Partner closely with the TA Heads to enable and drive Global Medical decisions and strategies and for key input into pipeline/development workstreams. Build strong partnerships with Commercial for the opportunity to share insights as appropriate as well as other areas within R&D. Build strong partnerships with the Vaccine Global lead for Insights to share best practices and learn from challenges to further embed the end to end insights process at a Global level.
- Enable the execution via the Insights Leads of certain types of analytics at a global level as needed such as market research studies, findings from voice of customer sources using analytic tools/technology to dig deeper into opportunities or specific findings, and industry trend reports (e.g. benchmarking, findings from syndicated studies to integrate, etc.)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Higher degree (e.g. PhD, PharmD) in Medical or applied quantitative sciences discipline (e.g. Life Sciences, Applied Science, Analytics, Healthcare Consulting)
- 8-10 years’ experience (including 3+ years in healthcare) in quantitative analysis related fields applying analytics and insights for business decisions (research, analytics, product design, forecasting, etc.)
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals/Medical Field (including 3+ years in global roles)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of high performing Medical Affairs organizations and customer dynamics/experience in the evolving and rapidly changing healthcare environment
- Specific training and customer insight discovery certifications through customer insight programs, etc.
- Experience in R&D, Medical Affairs, Healthcare consulting and customer facing roles
- Medical and digital governance and compliance
- Experience leading teams; experience leading virtual teams strongly preferred
- Strong grasp of what a true insight is and how to uncover an insight
- Mastery of relevant analytical concepts and frameworks
- Ability to understand and synthesize across multiple types of datasets and findings
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline. Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally. Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.