For nearly forty years, AlixPartners has helped businesses around the world respond quickly and decisively to their most critical challenges – circumstances as diverse as urgent performance improvement, accelerated transformation, complex restructuring and risk mitigation.
Tackling situations when time is of the essence is part of our DNA – so we adopt an action-oriented approach at all times. We work in small, highly qualified teams with specific industry and functional expertise, and we operate at pace, moving quickly from analysis to implementation. We stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients until the job is done, and only measure our success in terms of the results we deliver.
Our approach enables us to help our clients confront and overcome truly future-defining challenges. We partner with you to make the right decisions and take the right actions. And we are right by your side. When it really matters.
More details can be found at http://www.alixpartners.com.
Within Digital, the IT Transformation consultants provide independent, senior-level expertise that enables executives to improve IT performance, regardless of the state of the organisation’s IT function. The depth of our colleagues’ experience enables us to exert a rapid and sustainable impact in the areas of:
- Full digital transformation, which impacts both business and corporate IT.
- IT cost reduction, insourcing and outsourcing analysis, and vendor negotiation.
- IT strategy development, Enterprise Architecture, organization and governance design.
- IT Assessment, Due Diligence. Large IT program review and management. Cyber review.
- IT carve-out, and merger integration planning and execution.
- IT crisis management, interim IT leadership roles, and project turnaround.
We now have opportunities across the German region for Directors, who have an exceptional track record of driving impact for clients. We are looking for smart, pragmatic and results-focused individuals who can operate on a range of local and international engagements. We are keen to attract people who are seen as thought leaders within their industry and who can contribute to AlixPartners’ enviable reputation for driving positive change for the immediate and long-term success of our clients. As a Director, you will broaden your skill-set through a breadth of work delivering high-impact and long-term effect change implementation. You will enjoy working side by side with highly experienced colleagues, some of whom may have taken on interim roles, providing you with top level insight and interaction. Directors are seen as the future leaders of AlixPartners and drive commercially successful engagements in a ‘hands-on’, professional and energetic manner. They collaborate with colleagues across the world as well as engage with, and promote, the firm’s broader capabilities.
Successful colleagues will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 12 years of applicable professional and IT consulting experience.
- Ideally both, a consulting back-ground in a first-tier consulting firm as well as industry / line management experience.
- Experience of managing IT operations.
- A strong motivation to discover and learn new analytical techniques and software tools that can improve the quality of our work.
- We look for practitioners with deep content knowledge in selected or all aspects of IT in an organisation.
Preferred areas of competence are:
- Experience to design, implement and roll out ERP solutions, such as SAP, Oracle or MS
- Enterprise Architecture experience
- Infrastructure competence; Outsourcing, Cloudification
- Application of Digital tools and capabilities along the value-chain (e.g. IoT, Blockchain, AI)
- A highly solution-focused approach, coupled with commercial and strategic understanding.
- The ability to lead or co-lead projects of all sizes, from inception through to completion, with an emphasis on reconciling technical requirements and scope with the available resources and technology.
- Implementing projects in an Agile-derived environment. (e.g. SCRUM, SAFE).
- The skillful management of resources and time to manage a large group or program across many projects and cities.
- The ability to lead all aspects of IT in critical situations, requiring rapid improvement.
- A passion for driving IT effectiveness and enabling clients to achieve their business objectives.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities, with knowledge of presentation tools.
- Fluency in German and English is essential; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- Engineering, Information Systems, IT or equivalent degree. PhD, MBA or Master’s degree preferred, but valid experience in conjunction with a Bachelor’s degree – in lieu of a graduate degree – will be considered.
- Current citizenship; passport holder and/or work authorization in EMEA. Applicants need to have their own documents or work permits in place that enable them to travel and work across the European Union.