The role: Director – Client Coverage, EMEA
The grade: G12 (internal use only)
The location: London
We are seeking a Director, Client Coverage in Europe. The Director will be responsible for licensing S&P Dow Jones index data, relationship management and client prospecting, and, in general, expanding the firm’s commercial footprint within an assigned client base.
The Director, Client Coverage EMEA will report to the EMEA Head of Client Coverage, based in Europe.
Our Client Coverage team is globally dispersed and has responsibility for cultivating and managing revenue-generating relationships among direct licensees of S&P Dow Jones index data. S&P DJI maintains relationships with investment banks, asset managers, ETF issuers, market data consumers and redistributors, insurance companies, proprietary trading firms, exchanges and other key market participants who rely upon our world-renowned indices, research and commentary.
- Meet annual individual sales targets and generate incremental revenue from assigned territory, accounts and client segments.
- Manage and expand the S&P DJI commercial footprint with existing client relationships and prospect/convert for new licensees; identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects
- Generate revenue through index licensing for investment product issuance, data sales for internal use and/or redistribution, custom index calculation services, etc.
- Consultatively sell index data and solutions; collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop new concepts to meet client needs
- Monitor use of index data among assigned clients, understand evolving landscape of index and related product usage, conduct forensic reviews to ensure compliance with licensed terms
- Manage complex contract negotiation and execution; develop usage rights and appropriate commercial terms; collaborate with internal stakeholders (legal, product management, research, etc.) to deliver value to the company and our clients.
- Improve awareness of our brand and product offering, broadening client contact points with SPDJI stakeholders including colleagues from research & design, product management and other teams
- Generate new contract documents, process sales orders and coordinate new deal process and invoicing with legal and finance teams
- Service existing products/billing/client queries within assigned client base; use internal CRM systems to maintain pipelines/leads, the details of sales activities, meeting memos
- Willingness to travel throughout Europe
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven industry experience in investment product and market data sales, equity/index structuring and/or sales, institutional sales and/or wholesaling of investment products
- Established relationships with asset management firms, investment banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms and other market participants
- Fluency in OTC/securitized products, ETFs, mutual funds, SMAs, collective trusts, etc.
- Experience in long cycle and abstract/conceptual sales, complex contract negotiation & intellectual property sales
- Knowledge of the investment/trading/hedging process, decision making protocol, roles played by and relationships with various intermediaries (i-banks, asset managers, custodians), etc.
- Fluency and experience in key investment trends including indexing, volatility, factor investing, ESG, multi-asset class solutions and related themes.
- Effective client communication skills in conversational speech, writing, and public speaking; and a personable attitude required to get things done within a matrix structure.
- Skilled in combining longer-term strategic thinking with a hands-on, proactive approach to achieving nearer-term results.
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA or certification holders considered favorably
- Extensive and successful track record in a revenue generation role