The Ministry of Justice (MOJ) is a major government department at the heart of the justice system. MOJ Digital and Technology was set up to not only change the way that people access and use justice services, but to ensure that everyone has the tools and technology they need to keep tribunals, courts and prisons operating effectively.
This role will be responsible for the critical 24/7 operational management of all Live Services delivering to more than 84,000 internal staff and 87,000 prisoners that are based in over 900 sites. Leading a team of 150 professionals, you will use your experience and creativity to further build both the technical and talent capability whilst working within a highly talented and dedicated executive management team who are passionate about what they do. This a very important role for us and will require a calm head under pressure.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and nurturing multiple live environments across a complex technology estate, whilst embedding best practice
- Build capability whilst setting and owning the Technology Operations strategy; moving from an outsourced supplier model to in-sourced.
- Holding suppliers to account with strategic oversight of service contracts and SLA’s totaling c.£50m
- Introduce effective Triage & Service Integration whilst building on the SIAM model
- Manage senior stakeholders and build relationships across MoJ and externally
To be successful in this role you will have experience of:
- Leading, developing and motivating a team, using compassionate leadership to drive productivity and long-term success.
- Running critical Live Services at scale with strong technical skills and domain knowledge (including service management best practice eg ITIL/COBIT and understanding of technologies covering Voice, Video, End User computing & Infrastructure)
- Building capability, driving a modernization agenda whilst maintaining existing service levels
- Delivering technology transformation in a large, complicated environment.
- Strong commercial acumen with ability to manage large budgets, suppliers and contracts whilst constantly seeking to enhance understanding to deliver business benefit, especially in the context of IT Services and Operations
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build consensus where there are multiple and conflicting priorities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Please contact us for a full information pack and directions on how to apply. Similarly please reach out to set up a confidential call with Sarah Luxford or Lisa Paul-Wickham via the email or call directly on 0208 253 1800. Please note the closing date is Monday 17th February 2020.
Reference ID: MOJ001
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £110,000.00 /year