A Construction Manager is required for a project with a large-scale manufacturing facility in Co. Waterford. In this role you will be working with Tandem Project Management to deliver a high-value project for a key client. In this role you will report into the Project Manager and be responsible for all Construction & Civil works. This role offers you an exciting opportunity to join the project just as the civil works are due to commence to ensure youâre involved from early stages.
- Act as an interface with stakeholders to address and resolve any issues with site.
- Complete regular walkthroughs of site for safety and checks on progress etc.
- Attend daily/weekly co-ordination meetings regarding construction.
- Work closely with all disciplines to develop a construction team.
- Attend walk-downs to ensure that appropriate standards are being met and to resolve punch lists based on priorities.
- Ensure that lean construction tools and methodologies are being implemented.
- Ensure quality standards are implemented and that documentation requirements met.
- Coordinate the project construction programme.
- Review and approve any site field instructions and manages commercial contract variations, and acts as a delegate for the Project Manager.
- Ensure that the team manages changes in construction and ensure all are captured, documented and assessed for quality, safety, cost or schedule impacts.
- Ensure that the contractor manages the design, construction, commissioning and qualification, schedule and cost in collaboration with other project team members, personnel, outside contractors and vendors.
- Ensure that the contractor report construction progress as required against project deliverables.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 6 yearsâ heavy industrial construction management experience is essential.
- Degree in an engineering discipline is required.
- Brownfield site experience would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of project delivery to schedule.