Business Development Manager
Salary: €70,000 – €100,000 + Excellent OTE + Monthly Car Allowance + Pension + Healthcare + Stock Options + Laptop + Phone + Holidays
Territory: Central Europe (large focus on the DACH region)
Your location: Living in Germany, Austria or Switzerland (DACH experience is essential)
The Requirements of the Business Development Manager:
- You will have 5+ years of experience working in a Sales or Business Development role and have extensive experience selling instruments/consumables/services in at least 1 of the following scientific areas: Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Immunology/Immuno-oncology, Translational Research or Biomarker Discover/Identification
- Degree in biology, immunology, cell biology, or a related field
- You must be living in either Germany (ideal), Austria or Switzerland currently
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed up to 50%
- Fluent at a business level, in both German and English are essential requirements for this role
- High achiever with demonstrated record of sales & business development successes
- Previous experience in successfully commercializing Products and Services in the Life Science space
- Hands-on experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools is preferred
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively navigate dynamic, multi-faceted relationships
- Ability to cultivate relationships and embrace teamwork with exceptional communication and influence skills
The Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager:
- Promoting, positioning and selling the company’s Products and Services to target market audiences
- Representing the business at professional meetings, conferences, seminars and related networking events to identify new market leads
- Performing in-depth lead/customer needs’ analysis to uncover new opportunities for larger volumes/longer term commitments of Products or Services projects
- Creating and authoring proposals and customized statements of work. Working closely with the Customer Engagement Team to validate the quoted biological content, service workflow and timelines for project completion
- Anticipating and identifying potential issues with assigned accounts, to assure customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales and delivery process
- Managing relationships with key accounts to retain/renew existing business and progress engagements towards CDx test co-development and strategic partnerships
- Keeping abreast of the latest market and competitive intelligence, especially the multiplexing offering in tissue pathology
- My client is a manufacturer multiplexed biomarker assays in tissue which is used within personalised medicine research and clinical pathology
- The products they create are used for both biomarker discovery and clinical use
- They are connecting the insights gained from research directly into the pathology lab
- Building on the positive response to date from their target markets, they are expanding the European Sales force!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
To apply you must have the right to work in the EU.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.