Salary: ÂŁ45,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Study Group’s pathway programmes are specially designed, university-recognised courses that help students to gain the academic, English language and learning standards necessary in order to succeed in the UK or European education environment.
The University of Sheffield International College is the largest pathway college within the UK & Europe with over 1,000 students enrolled annually. Our international students study bespoke academic programmes, which provide them with a pathway into the University of Sheffield for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
This is a fantastic job opportunity for an experienced Curriculum Leader to join the centre as the Assistant Director of Curriculum and Progression. This is a fast-paced job role, that will require you to have operational and strategic expertise, the ability to manage a variety of academics from all areas of the education sector, and experience in managing change.
In this exciting job role as Assistant Director for Curriculum and Progression (ADCP) you will lead a team of curriculum managers to deliver a great student experience both inside and outside the classroom. As a senior leader, you will play a key role in leading a team and setting high expectations for students and teachers, which allows them to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students and stakeholders. You will be accountable with the support of our Head of Quality Assurance, Enhancement and Innovation (HQAEI) for achieving excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement of our curriculum. This vacancy has arisen, as the previous post-holder has taken up a more senior role as Deputy College Director.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You will have proven experience of strategic leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of significant success and results.
- You will have a strong understanding of UK Higher Education and experience of managing programmes of study and staff in an international and/or UK further and/or Higher Education context.
- You will be able to articulate and implement a clear vision to drive forward continuous improvement and make sure that we achieve our targets for student outcomes.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong ability and a track record of collaborative working, which would facilitate strong working relationships with our university partner, as well as across the Study Group network.
- A bachelor’s degree (Business and Economics desirable)
- Experience of leading & line managing curriculum managers
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
# LI – AA1