Job Title: Area Sales Manager – Flooring
This role covers the South West, South Wales across to Northampton, Peterborough and Norwich, Home Counties, London, Kent, Essex and South Coast.
Mission of the role:
The main purpose of this role is to represent Sherwin-Williams within the Resin Flooring market and to maximise sales and margin in these areas. The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of existing accounts and for creating new business through strategic sales.
• Produce a business plan to develop and deliver the maximum sales, volume and profit.
• Visit and develop relationships with Flooring contractors & specifiers.
• Perform presentations, usually at Board level.
• Visiting Key, Opportunity, New and Existing accounts.
• Identifying and securing new business in our market areas.
• Provide advice on flooring systems.
• Handling potential claims and complaints.
• Organising trials in association with the Technical Service Department.
• Provide advance information on demand for products.
• Negotiating term contracts for supplies.
• Negotiating price increases advised by the business
• Liaising with colleagues in Customer Service to develop existing customers.
• Keeping accurate records and files.
• To encourage and develop a team culture both within own team and across the company.
• Analyse market trends, identifying opportunities and threats.
• Co-ordinating monthly demand forecasts and identifying any major fluctuations.
• On-going SWOT analysis and any budgetary adjustments that may be necessary.
• Provide Monthly update report on Progress, losses, Market conditions and competitors activities.
• Work with Project Development team to ensure SW are best place to secure all available projects.
• Conduct and follow up on CPD presentations with architects and engineering houses.
• A level or equivalent, degree desirable
• Experience in the flooring industry, specifically resins technology
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
• Demonstrate good levels of numeracy and literacy together with good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, a good team player and possess good planning, organisational and technical problem-solving skills.
• Build customer relationships and put together logical and coherent arguments.
• Experience in a sales role within a resin flooring or similar environment but must have experience of the customer base in the relevant market area.
• Work from home and must live in a location suitable for the sales area involved.
• Hold a clean driving license.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.
- Travel Percentage: 75%