£40,000 – £45,000 a year
Title: R&D Project Manager
Do you have Project management experience? Do you have prior experience in winning and running publicly funded R&D projects?
R&D Project Manager required near Nottingham
Salary upto £45,000
Location near Nottingham
The Role of R&D Project Manager
- Work with technical experts and commercial teams to identify ways to turn innovative technical ideas into real commercial software and service offerings.
- Identify sources of funding for new projects by; identifying the business case, required budget, building the consortiums, coordinating the writing of applications and communicating the value of the technology in order to successfully win funding.
- Maintain existing relationships with external partners and network in order to identify future opportunities and build new project consortiums.
- Manage funded and internal R&D projects where responsibilities will include; working closely with technical experts, accelerating developments to achieve maximum commercial returns for the company, securing and ensuring compliance with contracts.
- Support knowledge transfer from technical teams within R&D to sales and commercial teams located globally across the company in order to support successful uptake of new offerings by our customers
What are the key (minimum) requirements for a successful R&D Project Manager application?
- You must demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and able to manage multiple activities in parallel.
- You will be able to work well in a range of different environments, such as with external companies, technical experts, and finance, legal and management teams and have an enthusiasm for innovative technology and possibly have some technical experience in a commercial environment.
- You will be driven to turn innovative technical ideas into commercial offerings of interest to new and existing customers.
- Project management experience
- Prior experience in winning and running publicly funded R&D projects.
- Minimum you should have a good degree, ideally in a STEM subject, with additional benefit coming from education and/or experience in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or automotive or aerospace industries.
- Technical background in subjects such as digital twin and big data would be a bonus. Other technical areas that will be considered are electrical machines, composite structures, rotating machinery, dynamics, fluids and thermal analysis, software and data management.
If you would like to learn more about the role of sales executive Apply Today and we will be in touch!
ACS are recruiting for a R&D Project Manager If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a R&D Project Manager, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a R&D Project Manager It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a R&D Project Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the R&D Project Manager role you desire.