Salary – circa £48,500 dependent on experience
Join us and make a difference!
The term Operational Technology (OT) covers all the technology and assets used to monitor and control Anglian Water’s operational collection, treatment and distribution processes. Without correctly designed, implemented, managed and secured OT, Anglian Water simply couldn’t operate. OT is not new and has been used for the past 30+ years to automate and remotely monitor plant and assets. However, OT innovations and improvements will be key to successfully delivering our services for the future.
What will you be doing?
The OT Network Manager is accountable for the operation and management of the OT Networks which support the operational assets across the Anglian Water estate.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the OT Network team is able to provide ‘Business as Usual’ services through robust and effective resource planning and management. You’ll also define methods and tools to manage and maintain visibility of the OT network assets. Alongside this, you’ll work with the platform architects to create and update Reference Architectures that define the company standard designs for OT Network build.
In this role you’ll ensure high standards of service and security are provided for the delivery of the OT Network functions to ensure service resilience and availability is maintained. You’ll also ensure that all changes, including updates, upgrades and modifications, are analysed and documented in line with the approved Change Management processes.
What do you need?
Our ideal candidate will have an engineering/IT related background in a Water Industry or similar process sector and the following:
- Experience with designing, operating & maintaining large or complex IT/OT Networks.
- Technical knowledge of IT, OT (Telemetry, SCADA, PLCs), Network (TCP/IP) & WAN technologies (UHF, mobile, microwave) plus OT cyber security
- Management related professional qualifications – ILM etc.
- Proven experience of managing a multi-skilled engineering team
- Relevant people performance management experience
- Financial management experience (OPEX/CAPEX)
- Experience defining strategies, skilled at communicating and engaging with senior stakeholders
- IT/Networking/OT Security Related Professional Qualification (e.g. CCNA/CCNP, GICSP)
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn’t come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you will be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks