This is fantastic opportunity to be a part of an amazing brand in a role that makes a difference both internally to our colleagues and externally to our customers. Our vibrant Colleague Engagement team sits at the heart of our organisation, inspiring and exciting our colleagues to help us achieve our ambition; to be the first choice for pharmacy, health and beauty – caring for people, customers and communities everywhere.
We’re on a mission to transform the way we communicate and engage our people and as the Senior Communication Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a company which is really embracing the power of internal engagement.
You’ll help drive a culture of exceptional communication, across an exciting but complex set of engagement and change projects, all aimed at galvanising our people behind our business goals for the good of our customers, patients, colleagues and communities bringing fresh innovation and adopting new ways of thinking.
- You’ll lead, develop and execute end-to-end strategic internal engagement plans and campaigns to inspire and engage our people behind our most important initiatives
- Act as a trusted advisor and key business partner to the Boots UK Leadership and Executive team to deliver specific projects and be instrumental in helping drive organisational performance and innovation
- Identify, manage and engage key work stream stakeholders to ensure powerful, aligned and consistent messages are built and that campaigns are driving high levels of engagement
- Work with the International Communications Platform, our internal integrated communications support function, to create and deliver high quality creative communication material/content through your own work. Ensuring the most effective channels and tactics are used within stand-alone and on-going communications
- Drive a listening culture at Boots which includes leadership adoption and tactical delivery of all listening activity in line with overall drumbeat, interpretation and sharing of colleague insights, and contribution to the system from which insights drive demonstrable change/action in the business
- Accountable for managing budget spend on all internal communications activities and demonstrating return through robust measurement and clear impact (Impact measured as: attitude and engagement for 55000 colleagues, employer brand and brand reputation)
A bit about you…
- Experience of partnering with senior stakeholders from strategy development to ongoing counsel around defining and developing a strategic, integrated internal communications plan including campaign development and overseeing the delivery of communication to support complex engagement programmes across a range of projects
- Clear, considered and timely decision-making skills, with ability to analyse a situation quickly and consider the risks and opportunities
- Experienced in a fast paced retail or complex healthcare environment
- Adaptability to changing circumstances, flexibility of style to suit different people and situations, confidence and initiative-taking, the ability to deal with ambiguity and be able to make positive use of opportunities presented
- And finally to be a natural connector, making a strong, credible, personal impression on others, whilst building strong, lasting, professional relationships with the people you work with
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians – frames and contact lenses
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
- Boots Benevolent Fund – a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office: