SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
About Curtis Banks
We are a leading provider and administrator of self-invested personal pensions (SIPPS), part of Curtis
Banks Ltd, based in one office on Princes Street, Ipswich just a 5 minute walk from the railway station.
Our employees are a mix of all ages and a vibrant, fun culture that extends outside the workplace.
We offer a fantastic benefits package, including a generous pension scheme, flexible working, study
support to help develop your qualifications and early close on Fridays to name but a few. For more
details about us visit curtisbanks.co.uk or find us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
At Curtis Banks, we believe that a business can only be as successful as the people who work for it. Our
commitment to encourage employees to take responsibility for their career, encouraging them and
offering opportunities for advancement, is an integral part of our business strategy.
The Change team supports change across the business, providing tools and resources to support
the daily operation and strategic deliveries of the business.
The jobholder will be required to:
- Manage projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of
business processes and systems to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the
necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality
Job title: Senior Project Manager Closing date 30 November 2019
From £36,540 dependent
Grade 5 Salary range:
Fixed Term Contract for
Full/part time*: Full Time Contract: maternity cover-
Anticipated 1 year
- Takes end to end responsibility for the delivery of projects establishing and maintaining the correct
structures to control and monitor the deliverables to the business, including where appropriate the
delivery of the target operating model.
- Leads project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for projects, ensuring that
comprehensive project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained and issues are actively
managed through to their successful resolution.
- Implement effective communication plans appropriate to the audience situation and the desired
outcome in order to manage the smooth delivery of the project.
- Manage third party relationships ensuring that dependencies are identified and managed and
deliverables are achieved, as defined in the project’s plan and without incurring unnecessary cost
or delay to the project.
- Maintains effective financial controls and project progress forecasting, and reports as appropriate.
- Ensures that a change control procedure is in place, and actively used to assess the effect of
changes to the projects on costs, timescale and/or resource needs and reports these to project
- Identify, secure and manage project resources to achieve project objectives in line with the
project plan, approved funding and within expected quality and timescales.
- Demonstrate compliance with agreed methodology, standards, policies and procedures to ensure
strong governance, sharing knowledge and providing feedback and ideas so that performance is
- Ensures that projects are formally closed, that lessons learned are captured and that benefits
realisation planning has been initiated.
- Ensure that appropriate prioritising, planning, resourcing and contingency for customer issues are
integrated into project and resource plans so they are central to delivery and aligned to Curtis
Banks Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly Policy.
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C (or equivalent) to include English and Maths (essential)
- Educated to degree (or equivalent) level (desirable)
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, in particular PRINCE2 practitioner (or
- In-depth knowledge of process improvement and change management tools and methodologies
- An awareness of regulatory and legislative influences
- Financial services experience preferable
- An awareness of market practice including trends, new developments and issues of the day
- Competent in use of the MS Office suite of tools, including Visio and MS Project
- Proficient in principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects
- Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities,
- Understanding the hierarchy and culture of own, customer and supplier organisations and being
able to identify the decision makers and influencers in order to successfully implement target
- Proficient in principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and monitoring of
budgets to minimise costs and ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Proficient in methods and techniques for creating and delivering effective training to support the
- Familiar with methods and techniques for selection and managing contracts to ensure that third
parties adhere to agreed contract requirements.
Working for Curtis Banks has never been so rewarding…
Everyone receives a generous salary, fantastic holiday benefits and the opportunity to take
part in our Sharesave Scheme.
Amazing Pension contributions from the business
Benefits scheme that includes discounts from shops, gyms and many more…