Commercial Director (m/f/d)
The Red Bull Global Consumer Products division develops and sells merchandising products for international sports- and event-projects (Red Bull Racing, RB Leipzig, EC Red Bull Salzburg,…) and manages the new Red Bull fashion brand AlphaTauri. We´re looking for a Commercial Director (m/f/d) to lead the global setup and development of our apparel and merchandising distribution. As we target global expansion you´ll ensure that apparel and merchandising sales strategy and growth plans are implemented. You´ll develop and execute global sales strategies and lead a strong sales team.
In this position you´ll promote and grow the brands in all territories to both existing and new accounts. With your hands-on attitude you´ll execute a target driven sales approach and sell directly into accounts in the early going. As an expert on global growth you have full control over target markets and distribution strategy and are ready to build a strong sales team and distribution structure.
Furthermore you´ll develop specific account plans working with the marketing and sales manager as well as explore distribution relationships with strategic partners that can accentuate our sales team and help expedite our entry into new channels and regions.
You´ll work closely with the executive team to craft the value proposition, sales strategy, and negotiation strategies for new partnerships. Another aspect of this role will be to effectively design and manage sales force structure and field sales representatives as necessary. Your time and attention will of course also be dedicated to management of direct reports and development of department talent to who you´ll provide product direction and selling strategies.
You´ll not only set sales target & define the distribution plans according to brand positioning but also conduct ongoing detailed analysis of sales, market, and competitor activity. On this you´ll provide regular updates and ensure adherence to key performance objectives to meet business and customer expectations.
As Commercial Director you´ll regularly visit accounts and attend and engage in relevant consumer shows, trade shows and promotional events.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
- 10+ years international experience in sales within the fashion, apparel, or sports industry
- Ability to develop and execute sales strategies
- Proven track record of achieving sell in and sell out targets
- Existing strong & influential relationships with key retail and wholesale accounts
- Extensive book of business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Energetic, humble hands-on mentality
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills as well as organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (e.g. General Business, Sales Management, Marketing, Economics or similar)
- Fluent in English; German would be a plus.
- Travel up to: 50%
JOIN THE TEAM
Got what it takes?
In your application we want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.