Our client is a fast growing, award-winning ‘mini-multinational’ company with offices all over the world. They develop the world’s leading software for rotating machinery and electro-mechanical systems to enable simulation-led design, and we count the world’s major automotive, motorsport, aerospace and renewable energy companies as customers and close technology partners. We are also at the forefront of designing and delivering the next generation of energy efficient drive and power generation systems; including multi-megawatt wind turbines and electric vehicle powertrains.
As part of your role you will be responsible for:
- Work with technical experts and commercial teams to identify ways to turn innovative technical ideas into real commercial software and service offerings.
- Identify sources of funding for new projects by; identifying the business case, required budget, building the consortiums, coordinating the writing of applications and communicating the value of the technology in order to successfully win funding.
- Maintain existing relationships with external partners and network in order to identify future opportunities and build new project consortiums.
- Manage funded and internal R&D projects where responsibilities will include; working closely with technical experts, accelerating developments to achieve maximum commercial returns for the company, securing and ensuring compliance with contracts.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure that the ‘project charter’ is maintained, in that the project delivers on its contractual obligations but also remains aligned to the business interests
- Support knowledge transfer from technical teams within R&D to sales and commercial teams located globally across the company in order to support successful uptake of new offerings by our customers.
You will have the following experience
- Ideally candidates will have prior experience in winning and running publicly funded R&D projects.
- education and/or experience in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or automotive or aerospace industries.
- Atechnical background in subjects such as digital twin and big data would be a bonus.
- Other technical areas that will be considered are electrical machines, composite structures, rotating machinery, dynamics, fluids and thermal analysis, software and data management.
Title: R&D Project Manager
Pay Rate and Bens: Attractive
Key Skills: Project management, Programme management, Research & Development, R&D, PRINCE2, APMP, Projects, Programmes, Defence, Aerospace, Engineering, Energy, Automotive, Mechanical, Electronics, Software, Avionics.
If you are a good match, then please apply with a CV to learn more about this truly fantastic opportunity to work for a market leader who has an enviable reputation.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client’s site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don’t hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a permanent role
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.