Thorpe Park, Leeds (with travel)
£40,000-£45,000 (depending on experience)
Up to 10% bonus
40 hours per week, permanent role
Since we started operating in 2005, the Company has been leading the way as one of the most cost-efficient of the UK’s eight gas distribution networks.We deliver great value for money to our customers, as well as a whole host of social and economic benefits to our region.
We’re recognised as a dynamic, passionate, conscious and people-focused team that safely and reliably delivers gas to over 2.7 million homes and businesses across the North East, northern Cumbria and much of Yorkshire.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Training Manager to join our Training department on a permanent basis.
Please note: There will be travel within this role across our entire network and so a full, UK driving licence is required.
The post-holder with have line-management responsibility for a small team, with the overall role purpose being to ensure the design and delivery of the full training programme of mandatory technical training for our colleagues and stakeholders. You will ensure training is designed and delivered to meet business needs both in the current and future climate as well as continually reviewing and developing the training programme.
- Managing a team of delivery specialists responsible for each niche specialist area to ensure the delivery of an excellent experience for our colleagues that is consistent, reliable and exceeds our regulatory obligations
- Reporting to the Head of Customer Operations Support, you will be responsible for working with key internal and external stakeholders and business areas to understand current and future training and development needs
- You will ensure the strategic alignment of the technical training department with business goals and financial budgets
- You will ensure the delivery, quality and continued development of our mandatory technical compliance and safety training portfolio and ensure that the strategic alignment of the technical training with business goals
- You will evaluate individual and organisational performance to ensure training is meeting business needs and improving performance
- You will identify training needs by consulting with both internal and external stakeholders; ensuring you are optimising training processes for efficiency.
- Responsibility will include the selection and management of training vendors and internal resource to deliver the most effective training to the appropriate colleagues at the right time.
- Establishes processes to monitor results of training participants and collect feedback on training providers and processes to determine effectiveness and identify areas for improvement
- Lead the implementation of in-house training where commercially viable
- Continuous review and development of mandatory technical training courses to ensure they meet regulatory and business standards both in terms of content and colleague experience
- Keep abreast of the training market ensuring our training delivery methods are current and up to date
- Coordinate the delivery of training to ensure an excellent customer and stakeholder experience
- Build open, mutually beneficial relationships with key internal / external stakeholders & industry experts – Energy & Utility Skills, Health & Safety, Business Operational Leads
- Proactive identification of current & future training needs through liaison, support and measurement of individual, team and business performance
About You- Skills and Experience:
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Strong citizen leadership qualities Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with a bias for action
- Proven experience as a Training Manager or similar role and demonstratable record of training program development and management
- Understanding of safety & regulatory obligations within the energy transportation sector (desirable)
- Proven ability in transferring and embedding knowledge
- Attitude of ownership and commitment to self-development
- Good working knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy
- Previous line management experience
- Experience in contract management/ awarding training contracts and delivering feedback to training providers
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills across all levels of an organisation
Please note: We will consider candidates from an array of industry backgrounds, as opposed to industry-specific (utilities) experience.
What we Offer:
- £40,000-£45,000 per annum
- Free onsite parking and good links to the local public transport network
- 40 hours per week, permanent contract
- Up to 10% bonus (dependent upon achievement of set targets)
- 25 days annual leave (plus recognised bank holidays and 2 half days over the Christmas period)
- SSP for first 7 calendar days then occupational sick pay
- Stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including access to some salary sacrifice options
We are looking for people who can demonstrate and live all our values, which are at the heart of everything that we do.We are
Trailblazing, Empowered, Community Focused
Intellectually Curious, Heartfelt
And most importantly… we are…Happy!
Why Work at NGN?
At NGN, we are a community. We provide a supportive and fun working environment in our spacious offices with onsite parking provided. We embrace creativity and innovation as well as offering a range of learning and development opportunities to progress your career.
Our ‘dream’ is to become the UK’s most loved, admired and respected company, and we aim to do this through a united and empowered team that is ‘mind-blowingly great!’ So, by joining us, you are joining a company where our people truly are at the heart of our ethos.
Diversity at NGN:
Our people matter. We are an equal opportunities employer that will be delighted to hear from a diverse range of applicants.
Any applicants that require reasonable adjustments are able contact us directly to inform us of any additional support that is required throughout the recruitment process.
Interview Date(s): Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th November 2019
The Company reserves the right to close a vacancy early dependent upon applicant numbers.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Best of Luck!